The Walking Dead does not work on Windows 8 x64

edited July 2013 in Game Support
Hello, guys. I bought TWD and I have a problem. It shows me an error "TheWalkingDead101.exe has stop working" and I tried all fixes such as running as Admin and Windows 95, Windows 98/ME, Windows XP, Vista, 7 compatibility and this game still doesn't work. Looking for any help. :mad:

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Please follow the instructions to run the Support Tool and attach the resulting "support_data_pc.zip" to your next reply in this thread.
  • edited July 2013
    Hi! I have the exact same problem here.
    Walking Dead does not lounch under win8. It just crushes without any visible error.

Win8 x64 steam version
    I ve tried admin mode, win 7 compaitable with no results.

Attached support data to the post.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    supoved wrote: »
    Hi! I have the exact same problem here.
    Walking Dead does not lounch under win8. It just crushes without any visible error.
    Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
    It might work if you unplug your gamepad, but there's a chance it will still crash because Intel graphics chips are not recommended and they don't work well with TTG's games.

I notice that you also have an nvidia chip though, so you have to make sure in your graphics cards settings that it is used by the game.
  • edited July 2013
    Intel graphics chips are not recommended and they don't work well with TTG's games.

Yap, i ve unpluged gamepad and game ve lounched =))
    Lol, what a nice bug-feature, how could it be?

I should add that i ve played walking dead on the same notebook but with win7 installed and there was no problem at all.

Also i guess intel chipset used only for windows and etc to optimize energy consumption, Nvidea mx660m is the main video card used for games.

Thou tnx for your fast respone, it did help me =)
  • edited July 2013
    I'm allowing myself to join this thread. No need to start two threads about the same issues.

I have trouble starting walkingdead101.exe, no matter what I try - changes in compatibility, administrator, changing in the game-files themselves, and so on.

I hope we can find a solution - it's really annoying not to be able to play this game, both economically, but surely not being able to play such a good game (so it is said) as well.
  • edited July 2013
    Idem.
    Attachment not found.

Offtopic:
    By the way, is not good (it is not safe) to keep passwords in clear text (I received the mail after registration).
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    nicki-just wrote: »
    I have trouble starting walkingdead101.exe, no matter what I try - changes in compatibility, administrator, changing in the game-files themselves, and so on.
    Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Intel graphics chips are not recommended and they don't work well with TTG's games.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    NightFox wrote: »

Please try unplugging your XBOX 360 controller.
  • edited July 2013
    DjNDB wrote: »
    Please try unplugging your XBOX 360 controller.
    LOL. It worked, the game started. Thank.
    But somehow it is not very convenient to unplug the gamepad every time.
    Will there update to fix this mistake?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    NightFox wrote: »
    Will there update to fix this mistake?

I don't know, but so far TTG is not supporting Windows 8.
  • edited July 2013
    Why doesn't TTG support win8? A lot of us are running it!

I can't run TWD on my win8 machine. And I don't have any x-box or what ever controllers. I'll check the diagnostic tools later today.
  • edited July 2013
    FWIW It plays fine for me. AMD CPU and dedicated AMD GPU. Maybe it's just an Intel issue?
    Also I don't use a controller with it.
This discussion has been closed.