Wilhelm Scream in 202 and 203

edited April 2008 in Sam & Max
There's this old sound effect called the Wilhelm scream, and it's been used in loads of movies from the 60s to today.

Here's a video detailing various films in which the sound is used:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4YDpuA90KEY

Anyway, the sound is also used in 202 and 203! In the former it's heard when Jimmy Hoffa shrinks out of existence, and in the latter it's heard when Jurgen is "killed". I haven't found it in any other Sam and Max games, but if anyone finds it, post here! :D

Comments

• edited March 2008
    I love this sample. :D
  • edited March 2008
    I'm just waiting for the Goofy yell to be used. That's also a stock sound, so there is no copyright protection on it.
  • edited March 2008
    I like to call it the Goofy Wilhelm :)
  • edited March 2008
    I actually knew this all thanks to the Wikipedia article about the game. It's all very interesting, and I didn't actually know about that sound effect (shows what I know). Ah Wikipedia, is there anything you can't do? :p
  • edited March 2008
    Ah Wikipedia, is there anything you can't do? :p

Biographies.
  • edited March 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    Biographies.
    YET!
  • edited March 2008
    Dang I knew it sounded familiar... I must have been talking to agent Superball about time travel or something... Cause it was on the tip of my tongue the week before... So anyway nice find!
  • edited March 2008
    If anyone's interested, I found a place where you can get the song in the video Teeth posted. I dunno about you, but it's been stuck in my head all day. :D

And I'd like to second the request for the Goofy holler in Sam & Max!
  • edited April 2008
    I actually knew this all thanks to the Wikipedia article about the game. It's all very interesting, and I didn't actually know about that sound effect (shows what I know). Ah Wikipedia, is there anything you can't do? :p

That's how I found out about it, too. :p
  • edited April 2008
    for a long time i was wondering if the scream i kept hearing was the same,
    and finally i find out it is :D
  • edited April 2008
    ah, the wilhelm scream, it brings back such memories...
  • edited April 2008
    ... of the screams my friends and enemies made as they were slowly tortured out of existence.
  • edited April 2008
    It's also used in 205 when
    the lava pours out to the soda poppers.
  • edited April 2008
    It's used twice in 205. As well as the instance Sammy mentioned, it's also heard when
    the robot comes back to life and the rats pour out of him.
  • edited April 2008
    So is there something particularly endearing about this little scream, or is it just used as an in-joke?
    I need to replay to hear it in 205. Well, I need to replay anyway, just to soak in the awesomeness again, but yeah.
  • FloFlo
    edited April 2008
    nhaingen wrote: »
    So is there something particularly endearing about this little scream, or is it just used as an in-joke?
    It went from 'just another stock sound effect' to an in-joke.
  • edited April 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    Biographies.

The Biographies are just fine, as long as you want some PIZZAZZ
  • edited April 2008
    I edited the wilhelm scream wikipage to include these instances. I'm suprised wikipedia is discussed so much in this thread yet noone thought to edit it.
  • edited April 2008
    Aciesethon wrote: »
    I edited the wilhelm scream wikipage to include these instances. I'm suprised wikipedia is discussed so much in this thread yet noone thought to edit it.

I would, but my IP# has been apparently tracked and any changes I make to any entry are automatically changed back. No matter how helpful or "more accurate" the information is.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    I thought I had seen them on the wiki page earlier in the history of this thread. Maybe someone edited them off.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.