When starting Episode 2 my save history reverts back to where I rewinded in Episode 1

edited July 2013 in Game Support
Whenever i try to play Chapter 2 it doesn't read my save file from Episode 1. I did that whole prefs.propp stuff and it worked initially where my finished episode 1 data was recovered. But everytime I start Episode 2 it only keeps the save point up to where I initially used the rewind function in Episode 1 at Chapter 5 and everything after that is erased.

Please Help! Thank you

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Same. I finished episode 1, and when I started episode 2, it was showing choices I didn't make.

Also, I saved Carley... and episode 2 was showing me Doug. o:
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    WaterPanda wrote: »
    Whenever i try to play Chapter 2 it doesn't read my save file from Episode 1. I did that whole prefs.propp stuff and it worked initially where my finished episode 1 data was recovered. But everytime I start Episode 2 it only keeps the save point up to where I initially used the rewind function in Episode 1 at Chapter 5 and everything after that is erased.

Please Help! Thank you

Please try renaming the prefs.prop in
    C:\Users\Kalvin\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead
    to prefs.prop.orig to deactivate it

Then move the prefs.prop from
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default
    to
  • edited July 2013
    Now whenever i play Episode 2 it just erases all of my data and says that I haven't even bought the other episodes as they are now labeled "coming soon"
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Now whenever i play Episode 2 it just erases all of my data and says that I haven't even bought the other episodes as they are now labeled "coming soon"

That doesn't look right.
    The prefs.prop in the savegame folder is too small to be correct for your savegames.

However there is still (or again) one in
    I would try moving it to
    once more, replacing the existing prefs.prop
  • edited July 2013
    Same thing is happening. It's just erasing all my data now when I try to play episode 2
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Does the prefs.prop in
    always come back when you start the game?
  • edited July 2013
    No It's not there right now
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    It is in the support tool data you just posted though.
  • edited July 2013
    Is it in this one? I'm looking at the folder and I don't see a prefs.prop
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Is it in this one? I'm looking at the folder and I don't see a prefs.prop

Yes it is.
    prefs.prop in install location:

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default

07/17/2013 08:05 AM 19,811 prefs.prop
  • edited July 2013
    This is what I see.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    This is what I see.

That's not the correct folder. You need to go further into "common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default"
  • edited July 2013
    How would I do that? Sorry I'm not very tech savvy. Thank you very much for your patience and help by the way. It's very much appreciated.
  • edited July 2013
    Oh nevermind I see it. So should I move this prefs.prop into the other folder?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Oh nevermind I see it. So should I move this prefs.prop into the other folder?

Yes.
  • edited July 2013
    It worked! Thank you very much! Will I have to do this everytime I restart the game? Or is this a permanent solution?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    It worked! Thank you very much! Will I have to do this everytime I restart the game? Or is this a permanent solution?

You don't need to do it every time, but it is possible for it to happen again at some point.
This discussion has been closed.