Re-Installed TWD after DLC purchase, no save files!

edited July 2013 in Game Support
Hey guys,

I re-installed TWD (via STEAM) on my new PC after I purchased the 400 Days DLC, but when I start the game it wants me to start a new game.

What... seriously? What should I do?

(I finished TWD via STEAM on my previous PC, I do not have ANY files from it)

Help please!

Comments

• edited July 2013
    I'm sorry but I kind of expected an answer by this time.

Support is pretty slow around here, huh? I'm sure I didn't ask the most difficult question on earth...
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    If you had steam cloud enabled on your old computer and played online, it should have downloaded the savegames onto your new computer.
    If that didn't happen, you might have to copy the prefs.prop and .save files from your old computer to your new computer manually.
    You should find them at
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead
  • edited July 2013
    DjNDB wrote: »
    If you had steam cloud enabled on your old computer and played online, it should have downloaded the savegames onto your new computer.
    If that didn't happen, you might have to copy the prefs.prop and .save files from your old computer to your new computer manually.
    You should find them at
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead

Thank you very much for your answer.

Please don't take it in a wrong way, but what do you mean by "files from your old computer to your new computer manually"? Is this a joke? I don't have my old computer, that's why I got a new one.

I really hope I didn't pay all that money so you guys have to tell me that I lost all my save files! I mean all my other games (13! titles) kept their saves right where I left them, only this one does not?

Please advise.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Keep in mind I am not a TTG Employee. I am just a regular guy trying to help as much as I can.
    If you can't copy them from the old computer's hard disk, and the steam cloud didn't work, I don't know any way of recovering your savegames.
  • edited July 2013
    I'm sorry, I didn't know that.

So then, who do I need to contact to get actual help? It has been 2 days and I'm still without an answer.

Do I need to contact them directly? The support page brought me here...
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    You can E-Mail TTG support at support@telltalegames.com but that won't bring your savegames back. If they are not in the steam cloud, the only location that still might have your savegames is your old computer, you can't access anymore.
This discussion has been closed.