On the dot release?

edited April 2008 in Sam & Max
I think it would be neat if telltale released 205 at 12am PDT. It gives that sort of epic: OMG it's just gone april 11th and its out! feel and also 12 is like an evil time which is significant for an episode in hell. Also last time people were just bouncing around for ages waiting for 204 to be released.

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Or better yet, GMT
  • MelMel
    edited April 2008
    I think it would be neat if telltale released 205 at 12am PDT. It gives that sort of epic: OMG it's just gone april 11th and its out! feel and also 12 is like an evil time which is significant for an episode in hell. Also last time people were just bouncing around for ages waiting for 204 to be released.

Would you like to work all day and then set up the game to launch at midnight and then stay there til the wee hours of the morning in case anything breaks or gets a little goofy so you can be there to take care of it*? I wouldn't. ;)

*apologies for the run-on sentence
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah... it'll launch at the usual time, for the reason Mel just said.
  • edited April 2008
    yet another reason i like gametap for playing these games.. they post them around 9:30 AM est which is right around the time i am finishing my morning coffee, so it all works out real nice (but then gametaps main office is in atlanta, so its roughly the same time zone as me.. so they are already up)

(TTG usually posts them the following day around 6:00 PM est, give or take an hour or two)
  • edited April 2008
    Er... All of season two has come out around 8-9 am our time. That's pretty far from 6pm est :)
  • edited April 2008
    thats odd.. when i left to do some errands around 4pm CHOD was still not on the site, it was still down for maintenance.. when i got home around 6PM it was finally up
  • edited April 2008
    all i know is, in my horrible position right next to the international dateline, 204 was released two days later by my calendar. It maight not sound that bad to you, but it is surprisingly hellish. Besides, how can telltale employees possibly get to sleep on the night before the release of the final episode of the second series!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    thats odd.. when i left to do some errands around 4pm CHOD was still not on the site, it was still down for maintenance.. when i got home around 6PM it was finally up

Maybe that was a weird caching thing or something on your end, because that was one of our smoothest launches. The animation on the front page didn't get updated moment one, but emails went out early, the game went up in the store, and your "My Games" page should have updated around 9am if you were a season subscriber.
    all i know is, in my horrible position right next to the international dateline, 204 was released two days later by my calendar. It maight not sound that bad to you, but it is surprisingly hellish. Besides, how can telltale employees possibly get to sleep on the night before the release of the final episode of the second series!

That's gotta suck! Move to California. :)
  • edited April 2008
    uh... being in a different time zone has nothing to do with anything, you are still waiting the same amount of time between episodes (roughly 30 days), for you they just get released at a different time of the day (which is usually in the middle of the night) and i don't know about you, but i would much rather have a TT employee awake and alive for tech support if something goes horribly wrong during my playing of the game

i also kinda like being on the same page as everyone else in terms of playing the game, because we all usually finish the episodes around the same time (like a big orgy)... then flock here simultainously to chatter about the episode (usually around 10-11 PM on the night of release)

i would not change either of these for the world, and as i said earlier... if playing the game as early as possible means so much to you, get a subscription to GT... they are spreading out and are almost worldwide now... last i checked, the service is available in most of Europe now (so it might be worth looking into if you are that desperate)

with a month between releases (and even more time after this release with the inter season hiatus looming) why would you want to blast though the entire episode is just a few hours anyways... but then i am one to talk, despite the fact that i actually take my time playing the episodes... i eagerly await them and have been known to count the hours left until the next release
  • edited April 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    i also kinda like being on the same page as everyone else in terms of playing the game, because we all usually finish the episodes around the same time (like a big orgy)... then flock here simultainously to chatter about the episode (usually around 10-11 PM on the night of release)

Heh, that's my favorite part. :D

Although, since I have GameTap, I have to shut up for a couple of days after release until I'm sure the majority has played it too. :p
  • edited April 2008
    the way i see it the whole time zone setup has failed...horribly. we should get world time instead and while where at it get rid of that stupid am and pm business, as well as dst...i don't care if have to get up at 15:00 then instead of 8am now...of course we would still have to wait for other countries to start working, but at least you would know what time it is..everywhere. then telltale could release an episode at 28:00 and everyone would know when this is, right...right? :D
  • edited April 2008
    Im actually in favour of that idea! But i also take ages playing through each episode and ince i get to the forums i just go "wtf there is already 5 pages" and dont bother to read it or post anything because without thread knowledge my post will be random and stupid and any questions would probably have already been answered.
  • edited April 2008
    I like timezones being different. It means when I travel not only am I traveling through space but TIME as well. ooohhhhh aaaahhhh!!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    We'll be switching to Swatch Internet Time with Season 3.
  • edited April 2008
    Sea......Season......3....3!?! OHH I LOVE YOU TELLTALE :D
  • edited April 2008
    *starts to synchroize his swatch*

Hey! Where's the buttons on this stupid piece of sample fabric!?!
  • edited April 2008
    yeah.. as ludicris as it may sound i am guessing that tt is beginning work on the concept for season 3 right now (that is if they are planning on launching it in the fall) seems that telltale has a lot they are working on.. and with so many other franchises they are working on (or rumored to be working on) i can honestly see at least one game a week coming out in the near future from one franchise or another...

although producing that much has to somewhat strenuous... and i hope telltale doesn't get burned out in a few years like what happened to the folks over at cyan
  • edited April 2008
    Sweet, being in Guatemala on vacation means I won't have to wait much until GameTap releases 205!

Telltale, I hope you know this, Sam & Max (especially your series) is THE GREATEST SERIES EVER! I am not just saying this, I eagerly await every episode and recommend it to my friends.

Disclaimer:
    This is not sucking up, I am truly expressing my gratitude!
  • edited April 2008
    Sam and Max is the greatest series ever! And this IS sucking up!
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    how can telltale employees possibly get to sleep on the night before the release of the final episode of the second series!

dude... we are up into the wee hours of the morning just getting ready for the 2 other games that you don't know about. but by the time you read this, you'll have probably heard about one.
  • edited April 2008
    *ears perk*
  • edited April 2008
    Wherewherewhere!? *drools*
  • edited April 2008
    NickTTG wrote: »
    dude... we are up into the wee hours of the morning just getting ready for the 2 other games that you don't know about. but by the time you read this, you'll have probably heard about one.

I'm reading this and I haven't heard about any of the new series! Telltale, your making me go crazy with suspense!
  • edited April 2008
    Nick is a very mean person! TELL US!
  • edited April 2008
    Actually is he talking about sam and max for the wii?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.