error walkingdead101.exe

edited July 2013 in Game Support
Hi there so i am having problems. I had major problems just getting this game going at the beginning much to my chagrin. i constantly got these errors and spend almost an entire day trying to fix it so u can imagine my frustrations when i finally did get it fixed only to get to the end of the fourth episode and for it to crash and now wont start up again. Seeing as i have gone through every single piece of advice i can find on making this game work from checking specs to updating every god forsaken driver on my computer to c if i could get it to work initially, now that it has happened again i decided to post this cuz i am done wasting my time on your games and i figure now its your problem.

So i am getting the standard error walkingdead101.exe is no longer working. i downloaded the tool of support ran it and i have the attached the resulting .zip file for you to analyze. I hope you are able to find a solution to my problem as i do enjoy this game very much but to be quite frank with you i am sick and tired of dealing with a problem that just simply shouldn't exist in the first place.

Thank you for your time and caring in advance
, armin

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Your savegame folder
    C:\Users\Armin\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead
    looks unusually empty for an Episode 4 playthrough.

Are you running the game in compatibility mode?

Please check the properties of the Steam.exe, your Steam icons, and the games .exe files, and disable any compatibility mode settings.
    Sometimes compatibility mode is checked, but is grayed out. Then you have to click on "Change settings for all users" at the bottom to disable the checkbox.
    Afterwards try if the game works.
  • edited July 2013
    thank you kindly for your prompt response. i was running the game in compatibility mode as after all my troubles, this was the only way i found to make the game work based on community feedback. I tried your advice however, unfortunately it did not work :( . i am still left with the same error. the one difference is that when i put the original post up, i was actually able to load into the game to the main screen however when i clicked to advance from the "the walking dead" intro screen, then it would crash, now its not even loading at all and crashing. anything else would be helpful as i am wiling to try whatever u suggest to make it work.
    this is the location of my steam and steam game files. i believe that is where my save game files are. thanks again

D:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Please open the Steam client. In the menu select "help/system information".
    Right click on the information it shows and select "select all".
    Right click again and select "copy".
    Finally paste the results into a reply message in this thread by pressing CTRL-V.
    It contains a section "Installed software", which might have sensitive entries, so feel free to redact them.
This discussion has been closed.