TWD 400 days - 98% download freeze

edited July 2013 in Game Support
Hi,

I have been trying to download 400 days for the past couple of weeks. I've tried a few different times and EVERY time it stops downloading at 98%. It gets stuck for hours and hours and I end up having to use the power button to shut down.

I've emailed support as I read some of the workarounds on here, but I didn't really understand the instructions on how to fix. I'm not totally computer illiterate but not confident in replacing save files etc. It's all a bit too "techy" for me. Support are taking too long to answer as I'm impatient to get playing!!

I'm on a macbook pro, it's running mountain lion and software updates are up to date. The machine is only a year old. I can give you more info on the machine if necessary, just let me know what you need.

Can anyone help, please? :)

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Have you tried the alternative download workaround?
  • edited July 2013
    I tried, I saw that workaround on another thread that had the same problem... But like I said, it's too techy for me. I don't really understand it and am not confident modifying/deleting/replacing files.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    It's the only workaround.
    I've tried to make it a lot easier for you.

Please download Mac_Downloader_auto_106.zip. Then open "Mac_Downloader_auto_106" in your Downloads. Double click on "download.sh.command" and select "open" if it asks.

It will automatically make a backup of your savegames, download the episode, and move it to the correct location.

Once it's done it will show "Process completed" at the bottom of the window. Then close the window, start the game, and press "Get" for 400 days. It should install right away.
  • edited July 2013
    Thanks so much DjNDB, I will give that a go tonight, seems a lot easier than the other instructions.

Sorry for being a pain, I'm just not as 'techy' as your average gamer. I just like to be able to open it up and start playing! :)
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    I totally understand, and I hope it works better this way.
  • edited July 2013
    Thanks Mate You helped a lot!! :)
  • edited July 2013
    Thanks DjNDB, tried to leave you a message earlier but got a database error page. Your fix worked like a charm! Will be playing tonight, can't wait :)
This discussion has been closed.