Nice navi bar at the top, but...

edited April 2008 in Site Support
...it's streaching my page because IE7 isn't reading it as properly centered. It's so far to the right side of the page, the TTG logo is right above the New Posts link in the forums.

Just letting you know.

Comments

• edited April 2008
    firefox V2.0.0.13 user here... and the new bar is all in a jumble over the fourm navigation bars at the top, making it all totally unuseable... (having to use IE7 to view the site now)
  • edited April 2008
    Try refreshing. First time I loaded it it was funky.
  • edited April 2008
    Looking weird here too (on IE6).
  • edited April 2008
    Maratanos wrote: »

Nope, no change. Cleared my cache and everything.
  • edited April 2008
    yeah.. same here too, the main site displayes just fine on firefox, but not the forum

EDIT: i cleared out my cookies and that did the trick (still displaying in an odd position, but at least its usable now)
  • edited April 2008
    For the forums you will probably need to do a hard refresh. In Firefox and IE ctrl+F5 or holding down shift and clicking the refresh button should fix that. It's just your browser caching the old stylesheet which the main site prevents you from doing by datestamping the file name.

If you can provide a screenshot of it in IE7 that would be pretty helpful as well.
  • edited April 2008
    I'm running IE8, but I've got it emulating IE7 anyway.

http://i28.tinypic.com/125iaf5.png

A hard refresh isn't doing anything for me. It's very nice looking though.
  • edited April 2008
    mikew wrote: »
    For the forums you will probably need to do a hard refresh. In Firefox and IE ctrl+F5 or holding down shift and clicking the refresh button should fix that. It's just your browser caching the old stylesheet which the main site prevents you from doing by datestamping the file name.
    It worked! and it looks neat, I must say.
  • edited April 2008
    I'm running IE8, but I've got it emulating IE7 anyway.

http://i28.tinypic.com/125iaf5.png

A hard refresh isn't doing anything for me. It's very nice looking though.

Weird, thanks. That's really annoying :P Does it do that everywhere or just on the forums? Hopefully I can fix all this junk before the day is out.
  • edited April 2008
    mikew wrote: »

If you can provide a screenshot of it in IE7 that would be pretty helpful as well.

thanks that worked perfectly

plus it looks much smarter than before
  • edited April 2008
    Looks fine on Opera 9.26

EDIT: And 9.27
  • edited April 2008
    Oh good, Opera is like the only thing I haven't tested it in yet (aside from whatever various Netscapes there are). I figured it would be okay though since Opera in general renders similarly to Firefox. Also it works fine in Safari on Windows, and I assume on Macs though I haven't tested it on a Mac yet. Firefox 2 and IE6 are also fine.
  • edited April 2008
    Okay it should be totally fixed in IE7. Let me know if anything explodes though.
  • edited April 2008
    Looks good, mikew! Thank you!
  • edited April 2008
    Maratanos wrote: »
    a simple reload fixed everything on my firefox...that's so weird. anyway, now it looks fine..
  • edited April 2008
    Thank you so much for the new site menu. :D
    Finally, I don't have to adblock it when I'm in linux.
  • edited April 2008
    Yep, looking good on my end. Nice work!
  • edited April 2008
    Isn't there supposed to be images in the different blocks?
    Oh and my avatar beside the name?

navbar.jpg
  • edited April 2008
    t_a_o wrote: »
    Isn't there supposed to be images in the different blocks?
    Oh and my avatar beside the name?

I don't think there is. There never was before. It's a good idea, though. I always did think that looked it a bit empty.
  • edited April 2008
    Right, my thought exactly :D

Well, this thread reminded me of something else...
    I think the Account link is wayyyy to close to the log out link.
    I've clicked log out too many times, when I've actually just wanted to check my account.
    Any plans on changing this? :)
  • edited April 2008
    Nope. However, the Logout link is only an immediate logout on the forums. Anywhere else there's a confirmation.
  • edited April 2008
    Finally!

Flash is gone and I can middle click to the blogs and forums!

Wheeeee!
This discussion has been closed.