So.... whatever happened to Conroy Bumpus?

edited April 2008 in Sam & Max
... and his drawling Texan bodyguard, Lee Harvey?

I mean, I know what happened to them, but that ice can't stay solid forever, what with that walking fire hazard standing outside the tent.

Wouldn't it be fun to see them return, with the intention of a comeback in the euro-cowboy's music career? A lot of really strange things have happened in recent years, and I bet Bumpus could make use of the various oddities about.

And what about Mack Salmon, the recurring villain of the animated series and comic?

Just wondering if these ideas are at all possible, or if copyright laws prevent it from happening?

Also, why hasn't Max's little "souvenir" from Hugh Bliss changed color yet? :) Bacteria can multiply on their own, might he be able to return?

Comments

• edited April 2008
    I think Bumpus was recruited by the Empire as a Storm Trooper

In other words, TT cannot used the villian because he is owned by LA. As for Mack Salmon, I would not be suprised if Sam and Max's goldfish works for him.

It would be swear if the country singer was mentioned in a sentence or two w/o TT gettin in trouble by LA. I mean, I can see a vague Bumpus reference occurs if there is a puzzle involving Sam playin the banjo again or if the duo mentions something about country music singer. Heck, I am suprised they haven't made one yet especially how they have the hair of the eyeball guy and Bumpus (true, the hairpiece they had for Bumpus was used for the bigfoot costume, but I would imagine that Bumpus didn't use the piece since he has one of his own.)

I think the freelance police should start a collection of hair from evil celebrities.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Corvin25 wrote: »
    And what about Mack Salmon, the recurring villain of the animated series and comic?

He's not really a recurring villain in the comic. I think he appears on maybe three pages. He is really memorable, though.
  • edited April 2008
    ..i think sam & max usually don't have much recurring villains, expect for the last episode of the animated series.
    conroy bumpus was kinda funny, he reminded me of heino...but i rather would like a villain from the comics, like mack salmon, though.
  • edited April 2008
    doom saber wrote: »
    It would be swear if the

Come again?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    He probably meant 'sweet' but I prefer to think that he really was trying to say 'swell'.
  • edited April 2008
    Will wrote: »
    He probably meant 'sweet' but I prefer to think that he really was trying to say 'swell'.

LOL Will is right and it is swell since that is the word I would normally use and prefer it over "sw**t". Honestly, I hate usin the word, sw**t since my jackass of a former roommate always uses it and it doesn't sound right to me.

Sometimes, I would get my words jumbled up with other words that somewhat sounds alike. In this case, swell somewhat sounds like swear. LOL
  • edited April 2008
    Well, Doom... Just avoid saying flock, spit, cluck or brass and you should be good.
  • edited April 2008
    Peril wrote: »
    Well, Doom... Just avoid saying flock, spit, cluck or brass and you should be good.

Okay, though I don't think they use those slang words in california
  • edited April 2008
    hehe i dont know what happened, but i do know what i would like that would happen, that if telltale do a season 3, include them or some of the others from Sax & max htr :)

We really need some even stronger and better characters in the game :) while there are alot of good ones in telltale's Sam & max, they still pale a bit to Conroy :)
  • edited April 2008
    It would be funny if TT made one of the Maniac Mansion characters as a villian. I know that LA has the license, but most of the characters in Maniac Mansion are generic with generic names. Heck, I see them using the character Dave and lie, sayin it is based on Dave Grossman rather than Dave in Maniac Mansion.
    They can also use someone like Razor, but give her a non stage name and make her loosly based on the maniac mansion character to the point of not being sued by LA. That would be swell
  • edited April 2008
    I'd definitly like to see Conroy in future episodes.
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    S&M 502: The Return of Me, I and Myself (1)

Not gonna happen (due to LA owning the character) and I don't wish it to happen:
    Let Conroy be a thing of the past, a *nice* character to remember but stop there.
    It seems like a huge waste of resources bringing back things from the distant past when
    a) there is a lot of new things to do, places to visit and characters to meet and villians to subdue
    b) a lot of creative people working on S&M to bring a)

One thing I'd like though, its a vague reference ...

(1) If you missed it, its a HTR reference: The name of Conroy's portrait in Bumpusville
  • edited April 2008
    i thought it was me, myself and i
  • edited April 2008
    Corvin25 wrote: »
    ... and his drawling Texan bodyguard, Lee Harvey?

I mean, I know what happened to them, but that ice can't stay solid forever, what with that walking fire hazard standing outside the tent.

Wouldn't it be fun to see them return, with the intention of a comeback in the euro-cowboy's music career? A lot of really strange things have happened in recent years, and I bet Bumpus could make use of the various oddities about.

Just wondering if these ideas are at all possible, or if copyright laws prevent it from happening?

Also, why hasn't Max's little "souvenir" from Hugh Bliss changed color yet? :) Bacteria can multiply on their own, might he be able to return?

What Ever Happen to Conroy Bumpus? would be an awesome S&M title. Telltale should definitely use it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.