Sam & Max Season 2 not loading

edited July 2013 in Game Support
I've just installed the Gog version of Season two and ran Ice Station Zebra for the first time,which ran successfully. However I picked the wrong screen resolution which crashed the game and will not open again. The same occurs with every episode now as well. I've installed and uninstalled it twice and ran Ccleaner. Every time now it just fails to load. I've tried running it forced into a 640 by 480 resolution which also fails to load and tried compatibility mode but this fails to find the game data files even if I'm running it from the installed directory and not the shortcut.

Season one apart from the issue in episode 5 worked without any problems for me.

Having browsed the forum a little more it's the same issue as in this thread http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29712 just effecting Sam & Max instead. I've tried the various fix suggestions none of which work.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    The resolution and other settings are stored in the prefs.prop file.
    I don't know the GOG version, but the TTG Version of Sam & Max Season 2 stored it in the install location next to the SamMax201.exe.
    Deleting the file should reset the resolution and let you run the game again.
  • edited July 2013
    I fixed it with a different method. I'm running my laptop through my TV and only using the TV a display. Once I switched the displays it ran again without crashing and I could change the resolution back to one that the TV would support.
This discussion has been closed.