Walking Dead Save Deleted

edited August 2013 in Game Support
After the update before 400 Days, my Walking Dead game lost the save. It won't show any saves though I had gone up to Chapter 4. I have no idea what happened. The save is gone and I have no clue where it is. There was another problem with WalkingDead101.exe not opening but that was fixed with running it in compatibility. No idea if these issues are related. Anyone know how to solve this issue?

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Running in Win9x/ME compatibility mode changes the savegame location.

We should first look why the crash happened.
    Please follow the instructions to run the Support Tool and attach the resulting "support_data_pc.zip" to your next reply in this thread.
  • edited August 2013
    It's not zipping automatically so instead I took the new files it created and zipped them. There are events, data, and dxdiag64 files right? Is there anything else?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2013
    That's alright.

Please rename the prefs.prop in
    G:\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default
    to prefs.prop.bak to deactivate it.

Then check the properties of the Steam.exe, your Steam icons, and the games .exe files, and disable any compatibility mode settings.
    Sometimes compatibility mode is checked, but is grayed out. Then you have to click on "Change settings for all users" at the bottom to disable the checkbox.
    Afterwards try if the game works.
  • edited August 2013
    Alright it's working now. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.