New website

Just thought I'd let you know that the new website design is very sleek, and looks real good on my resolution. Just wondering, how are people going to access the Bone, CSI and Texas games? I can't see any obvious link to them. Apart from that, awesome stuff. Pat on the back for whoever helped make it.

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Sometime today or tomorrow a "more games" link will be sneaking in, sharing some space with the mystery franchise box.

Also we have some cool future plans for making the whole front page more dynamic in terms of how it cycles content.
  • edited April 2008
    You don't want to know how bad it looks like on my PC (in IE, it's gorgeous in Firefox) :(
    edited April 2008
    Got any specifics? A screenshot would be extremely helpful!
  • edited April 2008
    Well I imagine it's my PNG problem playing up BIG time...

screenshots a-coming anyway.
    edited April 2008
    Oh yeah, you hate PNGs. You will be destroyed :(
  • edited April 2008
    Very likely, since there are many PNGs on that page.
  • edited April 2008
    ttg1zc1.jpg
    Middle
    ttg2xa4.jpg
    Bottom
    ttg3xf6.jpg
    Great huh? The new look is the most affected site I've come across to date!
  • edited April 2008
    Yep, PNG city.
  • edited April 2008
    Dale wrote: »
    You don't want to know how bad it looks like on my PC (in IE, it's gorgeous in Firefox) :(

That's too bad Dale. It's great to have Firefox as an alternative in cases like this.:)
  • edited April 2008
    Very true :)

I just wish I knew what it was that is stopping those PNGs appearing as soon as the alpha blending filter is applied (the download button on the my purchases page is happily visible, after all). I've run out of things to reinstall now (apart from XP, which I'd rather avoid doing).
  • edited April 2008
    I'm having a tiny bit of spacing problem myself.

http://i29.tinypic.com/24gsqoo.png
  • edited April 2008
    The Telltale Catalog bar doesn't seem to like showing up all the time. Sometimes it works, other times it just shows the titles of the little capsule thingy whatever they're called bits on the bottom of the area.
  • edited April 2008
    im just staring at the flames on the 205 ad...flames...
    also, awesome website!
  • edited April 2008
    Awesome new design! I'm really very fond of it.
  • MelMel
    edited April 2008
    Sometimes in Firefox, the layout doesn't line up as seen at the bottom of the page (Figure A). It doesn't happen everytime but thought I'd show you just as an FYI.

Figure A
    ttpage-1.jpg
  • edited April 2008
    yeah the weird shifting stuff around issue I already know about and I'm working on figuring out exactly why it occurs (sort of difficult to do when it's not really a problem with the CSS, I think it has more to do with how browsers render stuff as it downloads) and I'm trying to speed up loading a little as well.
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2008
    This happens at the main site and forums, but not every time.

tt_site_bug.png

I was using IE7/English with all the patches on Windows XP Pro SP3/English.
  • edited May 2008
    Yeah I've been having problem when I try and post a comment cos the bottom bar sometimes covers the posting button
  • edited May 2008
    jmm wrote: »
    This happens at the main site and forums, but not every time.

I was using IE7/English with all the patches on Windows XP Pro SP3/English.

I think you just blew my mind.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm still having problems with the bottom bar thing
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Sometime today or tomorrow a "more games" link will be sneaking in

I'm still waaaiting... :p
  • edited July 2008
    Now they've updated the website (again) and it only works properly on Internet Explorer!Or at least it didn't work on Firefox and Safari.
  • edited July 2008
    I don't think anyone in the office even uses IE.
  • edited July 2008
    new website looks a lot better
  • edited July 2008
    What the... Dangit, what's going on now?
    Anyone having this problem since the site update yesterday?
  • edited July 2008
    Lunatik wrote: »
    What the... Dangit, what's going on now?
    Anyone having this problem since the site update yesterday?
    hold down ctrl and click refresh
    that fixed it for me (causes a hard refresh)
  • edited July 2008
    Thanks patters!

But unfortunately, it only corrects the forums section. The main page in still kinda screwed up at the moment. My guess is that Telltale is making more changes to the core website today. So... whatever, I'll check back tomorrow.
  • edited July 2008
    I like all the greetings that the site gives me in the top corner. :)
  • edited July 2008
    Ah ok, you guys were right. I cleared my temp cache (IE7) and now the whole site displays properly, and looks amazingly pretty too! :)

I don't think I had cleared the cache since I re-installed Windows last March, so I guess it was a good thing to do anyway. Strange that the other websites I regularly visit didn't had visual or interface glitches. Anyhow, thanks a bunch for the suggestions people! See ya around! ;) ;)
This discussion has been closed.