Progress lost after computer crash and re-install

edited August 2013 in Game Support
Hello,

I sent this to support@telltalegames.com a few weeks ago, but I never received even an acknowledgement, so I am hoping someone is monitoring the forums and can help me out.

My computer died a a month or so ago and I needed to buy a new computer. With the new computer I installed Steam onto the new system. All my Steam games were on a different hard drive that survived. On the new build, I make sure the hard drive that survived (the one with Steam) was the same drive letter as before. I installed the Steam Client into the same location (E:\Entertainment\Valve\Steam). When I launch Steam it still shows the games that I had installed.

When launch Poker Night 2, the Library page shows that I have unlocked 12/18 achievement, that 23 hours have been played, and the various Locked Achievements which are all correct as far as I can tell.

Now, when I launch the game the game doesn't see any of it and all the stats shown in the game have been reset. I even have to adjust the settings which I had previously set. I thought all the achievements where stored on the Steam servers, so why isn't my stats showing up correctly in the game? More importantly, how do I get the game to use my previous stats/achievements/etc??

Regards,
Mark

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2013
    The settings and savegames of TTG's games are stored at
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\
    which is on the C: drive by default.

Poker Night 2 doesn't use Steam cloud either, so there's no way of restoring your progress, unless you can recover the data from the original hard disk or have a backup.
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks, DjNDB. I actually did have a backup copy of my user profile directory (all of them matter of fact). After you told me where it was located, I copied it from my backup to my current folder, and now all is good. I would be really nice if this data could be backed up in the Steam Cloud. I am not sure what that entails, but it would be nice. Or a TellTaleGames cloud??

Thansk and Regards,
    Mark
This discussion has been closed.