TWD launches ONLY WHEN MY CONTROLLER IS NOT PLUGGED IN

edited August 2013 in Game Support
Hi, support.

I bought TWD during the Steam sale, and in that time, I've been able to get through Episode 3 with my controller on another system just fine. But on my new system, it's stopped working when the contoller's plugged in. When I unplug my controller, it works fine. I use an xbox 360 gamepad.

When I launch the game with the controller plugged in, Steam gives me the "Preparing to launch game" text and I get the "Give Administrative Priveleges" dialogue box, as usual, but after that, nothing. It just stays at my desktop. My Steam icon flashes green for a moment as if I'm playing a game, but then back to blue.

I've tried all the .exe file compatibility fixes to no avail. I've verified the steam cache and even done "delete local content" and re-installed the game.

I know I meet the system reqs, since I can run it without my controller, but here are my system specs anyway:

Processor: 2.40 GHz Intel Core i7-3630QM
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 534 GB Space Free
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 750m 2GB
DirectX: DX11
Sound: Realtex High Definition Audio

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2013
    That's a incompatibility with Windows 8 which as far as i know is not yet supported by TTG.
    If you don't want to unplug the controller every time, the dinput8.dll workaround could help. I am not sure if you also can use the controller then.
  • edited August 2013
    Works perfectly. THANKS!
This discussion has been closed.