I lost my ted E Bear magnet.

edited April 2008 in Sam & Max
Well, sucks to be me. I swear I left it in the envelope. I guess I was wrong =(

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    If we had any left, I would send you one! We think a box of 200 of them went missing somewhere... maybe in the office move at the end of last Summer, but there are zero spare Ted E Bear magnets left :(
  • edited April 2008
    Ah, that stinks.

I have one on my car. If you can find me, you can have it. :D
  • edited April 2008
    I know how you feel. My cousin gave me his case file, but my dog ripped the newspaper up when he was teething. Oh well, what can you do.
  • edited April 2008
    I think dogs like to chew stuff regardless if they're teething or not. Best to keep your valuables put out of reach.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    All-thumbs wrote: »
    I know how you feel. My cousin gave me his case file, but my dog ripped the newspaper up when he was teething. Oh well, what can you do.

We have extra newspapers! Send me a PM with your address and I'll mail you one.
  • edited April 2008
    lol I wish I bought a casefile
  • edited April 2008
    They are pretty cool. A plushie set would go just great with it [/hint]
    Although the DVD/surfing the highway bundle is my latest desire.
  • edited April 2008
    Oh man this magnet sure is awesome, look at it! Too bad you don't have one.

crappymagnetpicture.jpg

Ha ha just kidding that was mean :( We have a bunch of inverted magnets that the Ted E Bear magnets got punched out of if you want one of those. It's like negative Ted E Bear or something.
  • edited April 2008
    Net taunt. That is mean, Mike. :D
  • edited April 2008
    ...so cruel.*shakes head*

:D
  • edited April 2008
    mikew wrote: »
    Oh man this magnet sure is awesome, look at it! Too bad you don't have one.

I'm from a generation of gamers that is still mortally terrified of even the mere thought of a magnet being anywhere near the same room as my computer. I guess the times they are a-changin'...
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah, these new-fangled LCD monitors don't go bendy and rainbowy from magnets. Kids today are missing out :P
  • edited April 2008
    Plus that Teddy Bear magnet is pretty weak.
  • edited April 2008
    yeah even if I had an old CRT and like a fully exposed hard drive the magnet would probably do no damage at all
  • edited April 2008
    Blasphemy! Everyone knows that magnets kill computers dead!

But I guess you're the kind of reckless cowboy that doesn't wear an anti-static wrist strap either, eh?
  • edited April 2008
    bah... i never wear anti static stuff when i work on my puters... in fact, im sure if you were to look inside this computer, you would find blood, oreo crumbs, dog hair, half a petrified big mac from 05', and cigarette butts, not to mention my "stash"

damn, im gonna have to find a better place for that junk now
  • edited April 2008
    any computer should have dried blood in it...it shows you really care. btw, i stack all my harddrives on a huge subwoofer box...i heard there's magnets in there too..
  • edited April 2008
    Having magnets around still freaks me out.
  • edited April 2008
    GalFisk wrote: »
    Yeah, these new-fangled LCD monitors don't go bendy and rainbowy from magnets. Kids today are missing out :P

Lol thats actully nice to know, since im still getting told that story about when i was 5 and put the darn magnet on the side of the tv and broke it :o
  • edited April 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    btw, i stack all my harddrives on a huge subwoofer box...i heard there's magnets in there too..

The direct vibrations from your woofer can't be good for them either. Good luck with that situation.
  • edited April 2008
    That stupid magnet was the only thing that stopped me from buying a case file!

...well, that and I assumed that there wasn't going to be a Season 2 equivalent and felt bad for spoiling one season over the other.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    What was it about the magnet that stopped you from buying the case file?
  • edited April 2008
    A natural distrust for magnets around electronics. That's why I keep my Ted E. Bear magnet in a safe place and not in my case file. :p
  • edited April 2008
    *crosses fingers and hopes for a Bermuda Triangle Magnet*
  • edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    What was it about the magnet that stopped you from buying the case file?

Magnets + Electronics = One scared SOB.

In hindsight, I probably could've put it somewhere else, but I'm pretty sure I would've lost it.
  • edited April 2008
    those things weren't that strong anyway...it's not like an emp from a nuclear bomb if you put thing on your computer. actually nothing happens at all, most pc-speakers are probably worse than the bear.
  • edited April 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    *crosses fingers and hopes for a Bermuda Triangle Magnet*

nah wasn't in a Episode
  • edited April 2008
    I put my Ted E Bear magnet on the fridge, with all my other magnets. Closest piece of electronics (apart from the fridge) is the microwave.... I don't know what all that fear is about.

In fact, the thing I need to make sure I keep away from magnets is my compass, otherwise it becomes pretty useless for navigation :)
  • edited April 2008
    yeah.. the only thing that magnets really affect are floppy discs and old cassettes... as well as crt monitors, but most modern electronics are impervious to magnets... magnets futzing up computers is just a myth

same with the myths about cellphones, some 90's electronics were found to be sensitive to RF signals, (which is one reason why the airlines don't want you using phones on planes) but again, most modern electronics are now impervious to RF signals... the other reason for no cellphones on planes is cause they want you using the airphone and spending more cash on your calls

personally... just between us, i always use my cell on planes, (Take that cooperate oppressors!) Aside from that one stint where our plane crashed on a remote island in the south pacific for a year and a half.... but that totally wasn't my fault, the guy next to me had *gasp* a laptop!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.