205 made me feel like...

edited April 2008 in Sam & Max
...that although i've enjoyed the episode, it somehow wasn't the episode which fits best as an ending of the season in my opinion. I think i would have prefered another episode from a parallel universe instead. Whilst it definately was the second best episode in season 2, it also didn't come close to 204.
-) Poppers, too much poppers, poppers at all, i don't like them no matter if you put them in leather suits or not, they still just suck, story less interesting compared to 204, too much reused stuff, humour wasn't so good this time, dialogues less interesting, too much beeing in the streets again, beeing in the office with one of the poppers really was a pain but luckily i got it quickly out *phew*. For beeing in hell it felt too ordinary and a lot more interesting things could have happened there.

+) The length was perfect, the music in the trainstation was moody and i stayed there for over an hour just listening to the music and watching the posters in the background, the minesweeper sfx was cute too, generally some lovely art & colours in there (background, posters), the linux comment was funny, some nice riddles and ideas like the mine sweeper riddle, the case files you jump into, naked Bosco made me laugh quite some time and even the car game was enjoyable this time.

Overall i would have prefered a different episode for the ending of season 2 and it comes with some of the same faults like in the episodes before but in a better quality. It lacks that amazing factor of 204. I would give it a 8/10.

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Another episode, another Taumel thread.
  • edited April 2008
    I didn't notice any bees.
  • edited April 2008
    Quuux wrote: »
    I didn't notice any bees.

Yeah, I must've missed them, too...
  • edited April 2008
    taumel wrote: »
    the humor wasn't so good this time

LIES!!!! :mad:
  • edited April 2008
    You must admit, though,
    Sam's personal Hell was great. And the "People so annoying and horrible can't be that way by accident" bit, too. Telltale knows we hate them. This episode was a gift to those who think the Soda Poppers are more horrible than the devil himself.
  • edited April 2008
    Kedri wrote: »
    You must admit, though,
    Sam's personal Hell was great. And the "People so annoying and horrible can't be that way by accident" bit, too. Telltale knows we hate them. This episode was a gift to those who think the Soda Poppers are more horrible than the devil himself.

That is so true.
    Sometimes I find myself purposefully speaking in the voice of Peepers to irritate my friends. And boy does it work. I also loved the reference to the start of the Season 2 games where you'd solve some puzzles and then the title screen would appear, except in this case Sam discovers Peepers and it goes to a title screen of Sam and Peepers: Freelance Police in... and I forget the rest of the title, but Sam didn't look happy to be standing next to Peepers in the intro. I loved it. It took me awhile to figure out how to get rid of Peepers, until I thought I'd try and get Max inside so I could ask him questions. I was glad that Max did all the work for me!
  • edited April 2008
    I also loved the reference to the start of the Season 2 games where you'd solve some puzzles and then the title screen would appear, except in this case Sam discovers Peepers and it goes to a title screen of Sam and Peepers: Freelance Police in... and I forget the rest of the title, but Sam didn't look happy to be standing next to Peepers in the intro. I loved it.

I want that as a wallpaper. :D
  • edited April 2008
    Hells a Poppin

Heck if I know where the apostrophes go in there.
  • edited April 2008
    @Kedri
    For the hell Sam was in, i think he should have flipped out much more. I do see the Poppers/Hell-relationship but i can't enjoy it, my masochist gene just isn't strong enough. But Bosoc's hell was nice place. :O)
  • edited April 2008
    It's more funny if Sam's partner is Whizzer.
  • edited April 2008
    It is interesting to compare the humor in 204 and 205. 204 has lots of coarse, "potty" jokes while 205 is very learned and erudite. As for humor goes, both episodes are "unbalanced " in its own way, but to me 205 is much funnier.
  • edited April 2008
    Randulf wrote: »
    It is interesting to compare the humor in 204 and 205. 204 has lots of coarse, "potty" jokes while 205 is very learned and erudite. As for humor goes, both episodes are "unbalanced " in its own way, but to me 205 is much funnier.

Well, except for that part with Whizzer at the end, that was clearly non-erudite. But I agree that the humor in 205 hit more notes that I liked.
  • edited April 2008
    i really enjoyed the humour in 205, it really hit me well. like when they said
    there will be served ice cream in hell before you get to be a priest max, i just started laughing because i knew there would come a ice cream then, they had other reference to things in hell thats most likely not to happen. but that opening scene when u come to hell, was just brilliant:P man that just makes me cry of laugther when u have that elevator music in hell, how the hell did they come up wit that?:P
    well you say that there was to much poppers, but
    they did die in the end:P so there are no more, and i think its genious to have them, theyre the most annoying thing i know:P, but kinda sad they were removed from the series, but i wonder where they go from now, they havent done Heaven and god(which i really do think they well do) and there are alot of different other stories they could come up wit which i cannot remember in my head right now
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    tommhans wrote: »
    but that opening scene when u come to hell, was just brilliant:P man that just makes me cry of laugther when u have that elevator music in hell, how the hell did they come up wit that?:P

I think they hired a Jared Emerson-Johnson to compose original elevator music and to be in their Employee Training Videos
Sign in to comment in this discussion.