Season 2 Hardcopy

edited April 2008 in Sam & Max
Now that Season 2 is complete will those of us that bought the full online version also get a hard copy mailed to us like with season 1? If so how do I ask for it? Thanks.

Comments

• edited April 2008
    It'll be exactly like season one. There will be a page up where you can order the bonus disc at some point.
  • edited April 2008
    how long is "some point"?
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah, 205's been out for like two days. Quit slacking guys.
  • edited April 2008
    i sence sarcasem in your text......
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Just like last year, at this point we have only started working on it. The same people who make the disc are also the people who make all the artwork, write all the text, and do all the programming for the website. As you may have noticed, the website has had a lot of work put into it lately, what with a season finale and a brand new series being announced within 24 hours of each other! That said, we're rolling onto working on the disc in the immediate future -- and, like last year, it will be sweet. We've started working on the cutscene reels already, and I got a preliminary painting of the cover art from Steve Purcell last week, and it looks awesome! As usual, we'll fill you in on updates to it all as we have them!
  • edited April 2008
    Woo!
  • edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    got a preliminary painting of the cover art from Steve Purcell last week
    and still no photos in the forum? DoubtedEdwardo's maybe is not wrong. ;)
  • edited April 2008
    is it going to fit with the 1st season packing cos that would be awesome
  • edited April 2008
    patters wrote: »
    is it going to fit with the 1st season packing cos that would be awesome

And is the spine going to be blue, so that I'll have to change my "HTR"-cover? :p
  • edited April 2008
    that would be awesome...:D..no, seriously, red would be more fitting for season two...but we already have that..
    edited April 2008
    It will be complimentary but not identical. The spines and fronts will look nice next to each other, but won't be exact clones (eg the ripped paper won't be an element, but the placement of the Sam & Max logo, the little "season two" badge, etc etc will match up, as will the general placement of background coloring elements... they just won't have identical treatments to the Season One disc. That seems boring to me, and also doesn't really match the aesthetic used anywhere in Season Two).
  • edited April 2008
    Sounds awesome. I have this thing about series (be they games, tv shows, or whatever) having some sort of uniformity on my shelf.
    edited April 2008
    Me too, though I generally prefer complimentary designs to wholly identical ones which are just recolored and have a different piece of inset cover art.

I'm sure hearing this is enough to make Laserschwert already crack open Photoshop and start making a cover for Seaon Two which perfectly matches the Season One cover :P
  • edited April 2008
    No, I think I'm gonna wait for whatever you've planned in terms of variation for the S2-cover and come up with a "matching" variation for the HTR-one... that is, of course, if your design doesn't suck :P
  • edited April 2008
    Cool. I hope it comes out soon. Cheers!
  • edited April 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    i sence sarcasem in your text......

The farce is strong in this one. :p
  • edited April 2008
    Do people who have upgraded from episode 201 to Season 2 get the bonus disc?
  • edited April 2008
    djain91 wrote: »
    Do people who have upgraded from episode 201 to Season 2 get the bonus disc?

You can as it's free. The only thing you pay for is shipping.
  • edited April 2008
    I won the season two pass in the 4 Color Rebelion contest, what does that I mean? I'm not opposed to paying for the DVD as I've gotten so much for free already, I'd just like to know.
  • edited April 2008
    sam-and-max-season-2.jpg
    Woo!
  • edited April 2008
    It doesn't seem right without sam and max there.
  • edited April 2008
    Silly Bob is right. But I admit I had to read his message to understand. I thought it was just the background where put the faces of S&M in front..
  • edited April 2008
    Silly Bob wrote: »
    It doesn't seem right without sam and max there.

They're swimming... or I was just too lazy to look up art of the two of them. I will probably add them in later, as I agree it looks incredibly odd without the two of them.
  • edited April 2008
    YES! New cover painting! Hope you guys turn it into a print, too!
  • edited April 2008
    i hope not...i don't have room for more prints..;)
  • edited April 2008
    Derwin that's not the real cover is it?
  • edited April 2008
    backslash wrote: »
    Derwin that's not the real cover is it?

Yeah, isn't it great!
  • edited April 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    i hope not...i don't have room for more prints..;)

I have the same problem. Do what I do and just swap them around every so often. ;)
  • edited April 2008
    how are you doing that? do you have one frame and exchange the prints or do you have them all framed and just put different frames on the wall? the first might be hazardous to the prints and the second might prove to be a bit costy...aww, i'll just get a house...should be enough space there.
  • edited April 2008
    RobD wrote: »
    I have the same problem. Do what I do and just swap them around every so often. ;)
    Are you trying to emulate a digital photo frame? Keen on screensaver slideshows? :P
  • edited April 2008
    lol. Most of them are posters. I only have 2 prints at the moment (missed out on the office one :( ) and they are both in cheap ill-fitting frames from Ikea. :P

The posters however are in huge supply, so there's plenty of cardboard rolls lying around the corner of my room. HTR and MI2 posters are my current favourites. :D
    edited April 2008
    Derwin wrote: »
    sam-and-max-season-2.jpg
    Woo!

Haha! That's excellent.
  • edited April 2008
    RobD, did you get those posters printed yourself, or did you rob some treasury somewhere?

More prints! I want all the prints you can hurl at me!
  • edited April 2008
    I thought I saw that image on the concept art section?
    Looks great though!
  • edited April 2008
    mish wrote: »
    RobD, did you get those posters printed yourself, or did you rob some treasury somewhere?

More prints! I want all the prints you can hurl at me!

I did them myself.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.