Need Better

edited April 2008 in Game Support
Telltale needs better beta testers I have had problems with every episode I have downloaded. I have not been able to play more then 3 minutes the game crashes to Windows. I keep getting a DLL error

Hopefully if I get a hard copy I won't have the same problems.:mad:

Comments

• edited April 2008
    It happens to me too sometimes.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Or maybe the problem the problem is with your computer? I imagine if the game was "crashing every 3 minutes," you would see a few more people complaining about it on the forums. Try updating your DirectX and video drivers.
  • edited April 2008
    I'm not STUPID my computer has the lastest DirectX I didn't have these problems with season 1.
  • edited April 2008
    The quality of your bug report and your attitude pushes thinking otherwise... But we won't of course.

`A DLL ERROR?'
    Can't you quote it?
    Maybe telltale would find useful some info about your hardware and system.
    Use siw for having quick access to those info
    http://www.gtopala.com/index.html
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Having "the latest" DirectX and updating it are not the same thing. DirectX 9.0c has been the "latest" for the past three years, but that doesn't stop Microsoft from updating it once a month without changing the name. Also, it is one of the most easily corruptible programs in existence, and updating it usually sets things straight.

Beyond that, ezzetabi is right. What are your system specs? Which episodes is this happening on? Where are you in the game when it crashes? Believe it or not, snarkiness doesn't provide me with any answers.
  • edited April 2008
    Sorry I am just upset that I can't play the game.

Here is the error signature I keep getting
    Appname-sammax 205.exe
    appver:2008.3.31.7893
    modname:sammax 205.exe
    modver:2008.3.31.7893
    offset:001a8317

I have deleted it twice and reinstalled it and it doesn't matter where I am in the game it crashes. I would like to get out of the sewer.:)

Again I am sorry if I was rude.
  • edited April 2008
    You're still going to need to answer Will's questions if we're going to help you.

And really do make sure you try updating DirectX. As Will said, Microsoft increments versions without changing the version number, and they do it monthly. The update is at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en
  • edited April 2008
    and in case of problems with the tabacco's links you can use this one:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=740ac79a-5b72-447d-84f9-ee6407ed1a91&DisplayLang=en
  • edited April 2008
    I am still having lots of problems playing episode 205 I even tried installing it on 3 different computers and I am still getting the DLL error. I sure hope when the hard copy comes out I will be able to play episode 205.

Thanks for all the replys
This discussion has been closed.