Stupid things I do in Psychonauts

edited June 2008 in General Chat
Well you may not know but I have a bad obbsession with adventure games and tim schafer ;_; lol *biggest dream ever is to work for him*

Anyway
I wanted to say, does anyone else do this
when you get a new badge copy razs pose (if you understand what I mean)?? lol 8D or am I just a loser? :D

Comments

• edited April 2008
    I used to do this in Jak and Daxter. I would copy the movements that they do when getting a Power Cell.

What?
  • edited April 2008
    haha rofl 8D I loved doing that to, I started to feel like I was more like the character
    as stupid as it seems >.>
  • edited April 2008
    Actually, I think I might have done that a few times in Psychonauts and other games. I always quickly caught myself, however, as I worried my roommate would walk by my room and see me.
  • edited April 2008
    Im glad im not alone here XD
  • edited April 2008
    I like to do that waving a flat hand next to the head and saying "eeech-ee-eech" or whatever. I usually do that when I beat a big, tough game boss, Oh yeah, uh-huh!
  • edited April 2008
    oh yeah I do that to!
  • edited April 2008
    Also, when I was a kid, I made sword out of cardboard and aluminum foil, and I pretended to be Link battling Gannon (which happened to be a stuffed dragon toy).
  • edited April 2008
    Pretending to be link should be a requirement for childhood.
  • edited April 2008
    I used to pretend I was Darkwing Duck when I was a child.

I am the terror that flaps in the night. I am the zit that forms when you've got a really big date.
    I am Darkwing Duck!

God... why am I revealing this to you people?
  • edited April 2008
    Darkwing Duck is awesome! Do not be ashamed.
  • edited April 2008
    Darkwing Duck was the best :) Well, there are several cartoons from that era that I remember fondly, really. Gargoyles, Animaniace, Pinky & the Brain...seems no one knows how to make a good toon anymore. I still quote Pinky & the Brain "Are you pondering what I'm pondering" lines, just confuses people who don't know the reference. But it's great when they get it.
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah, I loved DW as well, NES game included! Also enjoyed Duck Tales (inlcuding both NES games), still see some of it in today's Disney comics. Loved Rescue Rangers as well (this includes both NES games), at least we still have normal Chip 'n' Dale. Also have a thing for Bonkers, paticuraly the hilarious SNES game.
  • edited June 2008
    You may think I'm a nerd...but when I play Naruto Clash of Ninja 2
    I play as Gaara when he does his finisher..er...umm...
    I usually mimic him a little...Its hard not to pertend
    your crushing your oponents spine
  • edited June 2008
    You may think I'm a nerd...but when I play Naruto Clash of Ninja 2
    I play as Gaara when he does his finisher..er...umm...
    I usually mimic him a little...Its hard not to pertend
    your crushing your oponents spine

God, not Naruto!I watched that, it was pretty crappy.But the manga is good.
  • edited June 2008
    I did when I played psychonauts...Moments like this are what keep Pychonauts one of my favorite games. It also made me want to get shorter so I could cosplay raz.
  • edited June 2008
    Whenever I get a new item in Zelda I often raise my hand in the air triumphantly, I have sadly never played Psychonauts though.
  • edited June 2008
    Now is the time to play Psychonauts, then, so you can mimic the main character's motions when he learns a new ability, just like you did in Zelda.
  • edited June 2008
    In Windwaker, my bro always turns round at the exact same time as Link does whenever he changes the wind direction. It's annoying ):<

That said, when I was 6, I always used to try and do that face Rayman does in the first game when you press circle (before getting the run ability) so I can't complain.
  • edited June 2008
    Sometimes, when I get something, I turn around, hold it up, and go 'Da-na-na-naaa!'
    But only in company of friends.
    And sometimes I create a little 'here's-that-item-you-just-got' info box.
    "You got a cereal bar! This foodstuff is not healthy or tasty and restores 0 hearts. Set it to X, Y, or Z on the items screen."
  • edited June 2008
    AllenB wrote: »
    I used to pretend I was Darkwing Duck when I was a child.

I am the terror that flaps in the night. I am the zit that forms when you've got a really big date.
    I am Darkwing Duck!

God... why am I revealing this to you people?

I used to pretend I was Pocahontas (sp?), Ariel the Little Mermaid, Catwoman, Lola Bunny, Sporty Spice and many others.

Today I usually stick to Harley Quinn and Daphne Blake. Ariel when I'm swimming.

And a shout out to all those classic animation shows mentioned! Woo! Sorry, obsessed with cartoons (classic and retro). I'm even sitting here in my Animaniacs tee, Pinky and the Brain jumper and TMNT slipper socks. I am 20, honestly.
  • edited June 2008
    I often pretended to be Geraldo Rivera, Gene Shalit, Spiro Agnew, a sports jersey salesman named Wendell, President Taft, Garfunkel (but NOT Simon), Elmore Leonard, and Estelle Getty.

I was a very disturbed child.
  • edited June 2008
    I can tell. You have Manson in your avatar.
  • edited June 2008
    And what's wrong with Manson? :D
  • edited June 2008
    He scares me.
  • edited June 2008
    Fair enough. Not as scary as Gene Shalit, though. His facial hair haunts my nightmares.
  • edited June 2008
    Never heard of him, should I be glad? He sounds like a Werewolf.
  • edited June 2008
    For your consideration, I present:

Gene Shalit.

Gene_Shalit_list_view.jpg
  • edited June 2008
    Heh...

Psychonauts: I often say "Eh, eh, eh, eh eh eh!" whenever I beat Bobby Zilch in the Levitation Race, beat the wrestlers in Edgar's mind, defeat the Troop Leader in the Milkman Conspiracy, or
    kill the two-headed DAD MONSTER.

Mario: In Super Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy, I often mimic Mario's movements whenever you get a Power Star (64/Galaxy),Shine Sprite (Sunshine), or Grand Star (Galaxy).
  • edited June 2008
    Eh, me and my boyfriend do stupid (but funny!) stuff all the time playing games.
    I think the latest one was...me and him were playing against each other with a friend on Brawl, and we both selected Dedede to play as. To see how long it would take our friend would get impatient with us, when the match started we both ran to each other as Dedede and...started throwing waddle dees at each other, at the same time, so they'd just kinda bounce off one another and not hit us. It took maybe...oh I dunno, 3 minutes of this before he got impatient and started wailing on us. ^^ He was amused as hell by it, though. ;)
  • edited June 2008
    I may not copy Psychonauts, but I quote from it a lot.

"Why did you punch that little girl?"

My friends think I'm "different". :D
  • edited June 2008
    EDIT: Sorry, double posted the same thing.
  • edited June 2008
    I also love to do Raz's dance.
  • edited June 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    For your consideration, I present:

Gene Shalit.

Gene_Shalit_list_view.jpg

I'm going to go gouge out my eyes with a dull soup spoon now.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.