Sam & Max S2 Ep 05 Direct3D Error

edited April 2008 in Game Support
Hi, sorry to waste everyone's time here, but I keep getting the "Could not initialize Direct3D" error when I try to launch season 2 episode 5, which I am dying to play. I saw previous threads where people had a similar problem and tried what was recommended for them, but it's not working. I made sure the Compatibility boxes weren't checked on the .exe's Properties, I downloaded the latest version DirectX. I have a ATI Mobility Radeon x300, and the latest drivers I can find I got from Dell's site, and is from 2005. Anything I try to get from ATI's site, when I go to install it tells me that it is not compatible. It is also entirely possible that I can't find the correct drivers on ATI's site because it is a pain to navigate.

I am at a total loss for what to do, and I didn't change anything in my computer between playing the last episode and now so I have no idea what is going on.

I've gotten this error before in previous episodes if the game crashed after I adjusted the aspect ratio, but I was able to fix it those times by uninstalling and reinstalling, which I tried this time and it didn't work either.

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    No worries Demmy, it is hardly wasting our time (this is my job after all). That's the tricky thing with those old mobility cards. Often manufacturers change them enough that they require special drivers. To start with, why don't you try uninstalling everything re-downloading the game from scratch, just in case.

If the game still isn't working, are the older episodes working ok?
  • edited April 2008
    I tried uninstalling and re-downloading the game and installing it again and still nothing. :( The older episodes are working fine, too. I tried deleting the prefs.prop file and when I go to launch the game, it opens up a window and gets like the game is about to start and then I get a DLL error. Man...today is my only day off this week and the only time I'd have to play. Gahhhhhhh
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Hey Demmy, check your email
  • edited April 2008
    Thank you Will!!
This discussion has been closed.