Sam and Max featured in PiQ #2

edited April 2008 in Sam & Max
So, I went to a bookstore today and, much to my surprise, I happened to see this on the magazine rack. (note image is pretty big. Direct scan of the cover. :D) (if you don't know, PiQ is the magazine formerly known as Newtype USA, only cheaper, with less pages, and covers a more diverse array of entertainment related material.

I haven't actually read the article yet, but skimming through it it's 6 pages long and talks about season 2, the rerelease of Surfin' the Highway, and the Animated Series DVD boxset. It also has a sidebar interview with Steve Purcell that runs across the bottom of 4 pages. It's probably not really anything we haven't heard before, but I find it neat that they got such a kickass cover image of 205 out so quickly. :D

Comments

• edited April 2008
    That is a nice cover. Very nice indeed.
  • edited April 2008
    Man issue 2 is out already? I just picked up issue 1 last week. Cool cover though, guess I'll have to head out to Borders now.
  • edited April 2008
    DISGAEA 3!! WOOOOOO!!!

...Oh wait, that's not what I'm supposed to be looking at?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    We just got copies today. It's a really nice story. This is our first cover with game art (as opposed to a painting by Steve), and it looks gorgeous. (Good work, Jake!) Also, the article's good and there's a fun Q&A with Steve.

I just posted a blog about the issue, but I'll reiterate my question here... if we were to put this issue in our store, how many of you would buy it? I think it would be a neat way to make it available to people who might not be able to find it locally (especially our European fans), but I'd like to find out if there's a demand for it before we go to the trouble.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    (Good work, Jake!)

... and Dave Bogan, and Marco, who actually made most of it!
  • edited April 2008
    I'd probably order an issue the next time I buy something from your store if you decided to start selling them.
  • edited April 2008
    DISGAEA 3!! WOOOOOO!!!

...Oh wait, that's not what I'm supposed to be looking at?

They're also porting Disgaea to the DS! Whoo! :D (and just so you know, Disgaea 3 is for PS3)

I read the article while at work today. Like Emily said it's a pretty good one.

The Steve Purcell interview was awesome and he even mentions that SybilPandemik woman that posted here who brought the life-size max doll to WonderCon. :D

I also loved his comment on why he likes to draw pirates. :D
  • edited April 2008
    Dedlok wrote: »
    They're also porting Disgaea to the DS! Whoo! :D (and just so you know, Disgaea 3 is for PS3)

I read the article while at work today. Like Emily said it's a pretty good one.

The Steve Purcell interview was awesome and he even mentions that SybilPandemik woman that posted here who brought the life-size max doll to WonderCon. :D

I also loved his comment on why he likes to draw pirates. :D

Not to draw the thread off-topic further, but I am 100% against porting Disgaea to DS. Methinks the screens are too small, the processor too weak, and the cartridges too small to contain the same level of content (full voices and music). I'd much rather see them port Disgaea 2 to PSP first.
  • edited April 2008
    Well I think they could easily get away with not having voice for the DS version (in the cut-scenes at least). Yes, the voice-work was awesome but I can see it being sacraficed. Battle maps are still going to be in 3D according to the article (and the other screen is going to have an grid map keeping track of the GeoPanel bonuses and what not).

And personally I'm looking forward to it because I kinda like my SRPG gaming more on the go than at home for the most part. And I don't own a PSP, nor will I ever buy one (for reasons I will not go into) so it's really a plus for me in every fashion. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.