Weeell... 205 was not my cup of tea.

edited April 2008 in Sam & Max
This is probably the only episode so far that didn't crack me up a single time... Also its a little overly mature, as in suggestive. I dunno... I am really not "feeling" this one.
203 and 204 are still my favorite episodes so far.
Anyone else sharing similar thoughts?

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Sorry, the exact opposite. I think I found myself laughing out loud many times throughout the game... more than a usual episode. Heck, I had to pause the game during the
    hell freezes over
    bit in order to not miss any dialogue/jokes.... so many packed into such a short period.
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah I really didn't care for the suggestive stuff or the whole bleeping business. It was nice to know that
    Timmy wasn't really that foul mouthed
    . However, I still think that as a whole the episode was pretty funny and a great end to the season.
  • edited April 2008
    Actually I thought this episode was a great way to end the season. It brought everyone together, even if only a little bit through cameos, it ended things on a high note, yet also a continuation note, and there were some real funny parts to it.

Although there were some fantastic laughs in other episodes, I thought this one held the humor and tired everything up real well.
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    Definately MY cup of joe.
    To me, 204 and 205 are the best S&M so far (way behind: 201, then 202 and 203)

If the humor was too suggestive for your taste, may I interest you in changing the AI setting to another personality ;) or to try another kind of games if this kind of humor offends you.
  • edited April 2008
    bah, kids.. you all just like it cause its the newest episode... while i liked a lot of the zaney-ness that 205 had, 204 is still my favorite

i think it was just the content overload it offered... full of short cameos, instead of the usual semi-long useful character placements (kinda like they tried to fit as much junk into the episode as they could, and didn't spend too much time on any one thing). i am not too sure how i like this format yet... i think it needs a few weeks to grow on me, i dunno
  • edited April 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    bah, kids.. you all just like it cause its the newest episode...
    this may be true indeed. i liked 205, but i am still a bit uncertain if it is better than the other episode so far. it's definitely different somehow..i would have kept the hell freezing over for season three however.
  • edited April 2008
    It was a great episode, with great classic adventure puzzles, but in the end, I must say I prefer 204 as well. All that time travel stuff was just great. :)
  • edited April 2008
    Maybe it would be interesting dissecting the brain of someone who's favorite episode had been 202...any volunteers? *grinding the scalpel*
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Some people very much enjoy that episode! Some...
  • FloFlo
    edited April 2008
    Can't please everyone all the time ;)

I'm with the OP. 203 and 204 are my favorites this season.
  • edited April 2008
    Thanks for starting a new thread about it.

But um, now that we're here, I would say 204 and 205 are in their own league above the rest of the games. Not sure which one is better, but they're both outstanding, and that's fine by me.
  • edited April 2008
    Well, after all 204 and 205 are just one big episode... and an awesome one that is!
  • edited April 2008
    jmm wrote: »
    If the humor was too suggestive for your taste, may I interest you in changing the AI setting to another personality ;) or to try another kind of games if this kind of humor offends you.

Believe me, I've played some radical stuff like Postal 2, and for that kind of game anything is appropriate, its the purpose of it.
    Sam&Max are well established characters in the comic strip the cartoon series, the original game, and previous Telltale episodes. I've liked everything up until 205. I am not saying that 205 is bad, I just don't like the direction that was taken.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.