The title cards of season 2

edited April 2008 in Sam & Max
cause i opened my big mouth and said i would... here are all the season 2 title cards, in all their glory... in nice big uncompressed wallpaper size (actually, they are all in a generic 1440x900 cause thats the native on my little 19' monitor) but bigger sizes are not too hard if anyone wants em...

and the poll is just some goofy fun... pick the one you like the best

30x8t8k.png

v4w6e1.png

2pphr8y.png

30bzjo8.png

2dgmbr5.png

30bh5bo.png

Comments

• edited April 2008
    "uncompressed"? they look pretty jpegy to me...what i mean is, you have some nasty artifacts in there...still, nice work. finally i get to read all the "based on.." titles, that were gone so fast before..
  • edited April 2008
    Yay!
  • edited April 2008
    dang nabbit... youre right, they are all jpegs, ill have to swap them out with pings later this morning after i wake up and i can actually read the damn computer screen (thanks for pointing that out wisp)

EDIT: Done, the jpegs are gone
  • edited April 2008
    WALLPAPER TIME!

Thanks for those screen captures.
  • edited April 2008
    ok... i reformatted my original captures to png format... they should look a lot better now, enjoy!

(sorry for the mixup :rolleyes:)
  • edited April 2008
    whoo...a lot better. also a lot bigger..filesize-wise speaking. i like it that way. you have to crack some eggs if you...ahh...want proper wallpaper.
  • edited April 2008
    yeah if this were any other site, and if it were 2004 still, this thread would probably rate a "(56Kb warning!)" somewhere in the title (maybe it does need one, i dunno)... but i think we are a bit past that here... not that im bashing 56K or anything, in some parts of the world its all you can get... [remembers his homies in New Zealand]
  • edited April 2008
    ...but some things are worth waiting for.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Whoops I voted for 203 but meant to vote for 202. Oh well! Thanks for posting these by the way! I would have done it if anyone had asked me, of course... :)
  • mremre
    edited April 2008
    Thanks a lot mate!

I'll have to give my vote to 204, even though 203 has a slightly better alternate title. That title card is just a bit to generic to deserve it. :)
    edited April 2008
    Did anyone notice the special cameo in the Moai Better Blues title card? It's probably only visible for the blink of an eye, if that.
  • edited April 2008
    I voted 204 but the Personal Hell one is a close second. :)
  • mremre
    edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Did anyone notice the special cameo in the Moai Better Blues title card? It's probably only visible for the blink of an eye, if that.

No. Tell tell tell!!
  • edited April 2008
    I didn't notice until you posted, but here's the screenshot.

cameo.JPG
  • edited April 2008
    HOLY CRAP!! How sneeky of you guys! :D
  • edited April 2008
    Heh, thats pretty awesome! Night of the Raving Dead is definitely my favourite title card though. It's my wallpaper now! Thanks for the shots Dangerzone!
  • edited April 2008
    you know... these things would make an awesome calendar, you guys should trace a screenshot from each of the season one games to make an even 12, then have sam and max scribble funny things on some of the dates...
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Whoops I voted for 203 but meant to vote for 202. Oh well!

202 is my favorite too. :D
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah, 202 is the best because somebody in the office wouldn't stop whining until Jake made it an "In Search Of" reference.
  • edited April 2008
    I like 204 alot, though I do agree the alternate title is better for 203. Time to update my wallpaper :)
    edited April 2008
    Chuck wrote: »
    Yeah, 202 is the best because somebody in the office wouldn't stop whining until Jake made it an "In Search Of" reference.

some asshole...

but seriously, that was the best suggestion I got all season. the rest of the title cards are all just red and brown old monster movie lobby cards or something... and then for some reason 202 is a crazy blast of 70s TV documentary campiness. I had hoped in the end they would all be crazy and different, but it slowly started to homogenize. 205's was going to be a little different but the title changed 80 times, resulting in about 4 different title cards being made, sadly landing on that slightly clunky and definitely off-center mess you see before you! Oh well! I like its cheezy "The Apartment" era movie titleness.

RyanMon wrote: »
    I didn't notice until you posted, but here's the screenshot.

Little known fact: Steve Purcell appears in all the opening title sequences.
  • edited April 2008
    I like 204's best... the composition looks great, as does the "Star Wars"-like text.

By the way, is the torn paper on 203's title card just a rip-off (haha) from the S1 DVD-cover? I think so...
  • edited April 2008
    but seriously, that was the best suggestion I got all season. the rest of the title cards are all just red and brown old monster movie lobby cards or something... and then for some reason 202 is a crazy blast of 70s TV documentary campiness. I had hoped in the end they would all be crazy and different, but it slowly started to homogenize. 205's was going to be a little different but the title changed 80 times, resulting in about 4 different title cards being made, sadly landing on that slightly clunky and definitely off-center mess you see before you! Oh well! I like its cheezy "The Apartment" era movie titleness.
    Let me guess.

Those will appear on the DVD Concept Art Gallery section.
  • edited April 2008
    i voted 202 to! :D
  • edited April 2008
    Yo Telltales, any chance of getting that pic of Steve with those crocs as a higher-res pic?
  • edited April 2008
    mish wrote: »
    Yo Telltales, any chance of getting that pic of Steve with those crocs as a higher-res pic?

Yes, but only if you buy the reprint of Surfin' the Highway. :p
  • edited April 2008
    I'm just curious, were these the oroginal concepts or were these later, after the ones that were used were drawn? (i.e. which came first, these titles or the ones in-game?) Dont suppose anyone has a copy of the used ones for comparison?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Ashton wrote: »
    I'm just curious, were these the oroginal concepts or were these later, after the ones that were used were drawn? (i.e. which came first, these titles or the ones in-game?) Dont suppose anyone has a copy of the used ones for comparison?

I am totally confused as to what you are asking in this questions.
  • edited April 2008
    Sounds like someone wants to know which came first as far as the titles go: The title of the episode as we know it or those long-winded alternative titles tagged on as the jokes.
  • edited April 2008
    *Points up* Yep!
  • edited April 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    Yes, but only if you buy the reprint of Surfin' the Highway. :p

I did, but it's still sorta small on the page so I figure if I scanned it it wouldn't be the full-res shebang anyway.
  • edited April 2008
    mish wrote: »
    I did, but it's still sorta small on the page so I figure if I scanned it it wouldn't be the full-res shebang anyway.

It will be if your scanner has a de-screening option and the ability to scan at different DPIs to give the file a huge pixel size.
    edited April 2008
    Ashton wrote: »
    *Points up* Yep!

I don't know for sure since I wasn't involved in this process, but from the outside it appeared that the main titles for the episodes were created by the Brendan, Chuck, Dave Grossman, and Steve Purcell emailing each other a bunch of ideas until one stuck. Then, after the fact, Steve would make up a subtitle.

But actually, no, the Sam & Max episodes are all based on old holiday pamphlets and an ancient story where they meet a guy who sucks, etc.

Believe whichever you want!
  • edited April 2008
    I acctually thought it might be plausable that hte first comic WAS based on a short-story of steves, (first comic was subtitled "based on the short story 'sam and max meet soem badguys'") though it quickly went to rediculous (which is part of the charm of S+M)
  • edited April 2008
    204 is definitely my favorite. I don't really like 202 because in my opinion it doesn't really fit with the others, since it has screen shots and blue in it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.