Episode 105 question for devs

edited April 2008 in Sam & Max
My friend and I got in an argument recently about episode 105, Reality 2.0. This is concerning the part where you use the bug on the machine that makes Sam & Max paper thin. My friend thought that it was a joke referencing the original Sam & Max Hit the Road game, but I argued with him that it was actually a reference to the comic book (as they are paper thin, not 2d or low res). So did the devs mean to jokingly reference the comic book or the original Hit the Road game?

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    I don't know the answer to your question, but this is the best argument. :D
  • edited April 2008
    The popular view as far as us fans go is that it is a referance to HTR, but like Emily said, this is probably the best argument involving that joke to come out of the woods. :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    I suspect that you guys are both right, because the joke was probably simply about how Sam & Max used to be 2D in every form (comic/game/cartoon), so going back to that from their newfound 3D was familiar feeling.
  • edited April 2008
    From the perspective of my LCD, they are just as flat as they always were ;)
  • edited April 2008
    Has the argument arisen before?
  • edited April 2008
    I'd say it's just a reference to video/computer gaming in general, and the 2D era of the old times... Not really any S&M reference there...
  • edited April 2008
    I figured it was a reference to the comic since that's where they actually started. But, as Jake said, they were initially two-dimensional in every format.
  • edited April 2008
    I always thought of it as a reference to HtR.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.