So was Sam & Max a success

edited April 2008 in Sam & Max
Now that we can see you are making a strong bad game series, and continuing sam & max and have yet another unannounced one coming.

let hear a bit about if the phat $$$ was under, equal or more than expected :) that you earned.

Almost ever other companes can share a number on sold units of game :) so ofc you can too, and dont start with that other companies might come and make games, because i doubt Lucas Arts are gonna move away from there crappy starwars trip :)

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Privately owned companies don't have to share numbers, and most generally don't unless they feel like bragging for bragging's sake. Sam & Max Seasons One and Two continue to sell well, and Telltale's obviously doing well enough that we're able to expand out to work on three series :) When I started here towards the end of the Great Cow Race, we had something like 16-17 people, and now we're up to 50+ people. Things are sweet :)
  • edited April 2008
    ohh so people are still buying season 1? That's a good sign
  • edited April 2008
    Hero1 wrote: »

Of course! I try to refer anybody I can to try out Sam and Max, starting with a free episode and purchasing the season if they like it. I don't know if any of them have actually gone so far as to make a purchase, though...
  • edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    and now we're up to 50+ people.

Hell, you must be almost as big, if not bigger that LucasArts!

Anyone have any idea how big the LEC staff actually is these days?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Hero1 wrote: »

The "games as TV" analogy continues here as well... While a lot of people jump into the latest season, there are many people who, after deciding to get into Sam & Max, want to start from the beginning. It's cool that with digital distribution, there's no worry about the old games no longer being on store shelves. On the website, the Sam & Max back catalog is sitting right beneath the current episode.
  • edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    The "games as TV" analogy continues here as well... While a lot of people jump into the latest season, there are many people who, after deciding to get into Sam & Max, want to start from the beginning. It's cool that with digital distribution, there's no worry about the old games no longer being on store shelves. On the website, the Sam & Max back catalog is sitting right beneath the current episode.

That's exactly what happened with me. I remebered hearing about Sam & Max back in the day, but I never did find a copy of it. I pretty much forgot all about the game until I started hearing about the episodes you all at Telltale were doing.

Playing the free episode you guys gave out got me completely hooked. I bought Season 1 & a subscription to 2 from the store, STH, and even managed to track down Hit the Road on Amazon (which didn't work well at all until I found out about the ScummVM).
  • edited April 2008
    In this Forbes piece http://www.forbes.com/video/?video=fvn/games/km_sammax041408

they say sam & max has sold over 500, 000 episodes in the first 2 seasons.. wow! :D:)
  • edited April 2008
    they also said something about a dozen more seasons...:cool:
  • edited April 2008
    Well its nice to hear its going so well :) and it doesnt have anything to do with braggin, its nice for fans to know that the company is going good :) believe it or not there arent alot of good game companies left.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.