Any Culture Shock save files to share? *spoilers*

edited April 2008 in Game Support
Hey. I really hate to ask this, and hope i'm not breaking any rules by asking for this, but I just started playing Season 1 for the past week or so, and was just getting to the end of Culture Shock (where Brady has Max tied up) and for some reason, my save files have crashed. When I try to load them, the screen just goes black, and there isn't even a thumbnail for them anymore in the load screen. I've tried starting a name game and saving a new file, which worked, so the game is still working fine. I was kind of looking forward to getting to episode 2 because I thought Culture Shock was just awesome, so I don't really want to have to do it all over again (already, I mean). If I have too I will, but it would be great if someone had even a save file that was close to the point that I mentioned earlier.

And I apologize for probably sounding like a moocher going after your save files :\ That isn't my intention:p Thanks.

Comments

• edited April 2008
    have you tried recovering them with scandisk/defrag?

I still have my last-scene-auto-saves from all eppisodes, if TT allows the sharing of them I'll upload it for you (though I dont knwo 100% that it'll work since this is from the gametap version, not the official TT version)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    sharing savegames is cool, of course :)
  • edited April 2008
    I'm trying to find them... so far I've found nothing that even looks like it has anyhting to do with S+M (or any of my games for that matter) can anyone tell me where the files are?
  • edited April 2008
    The are just in the first folder where the game is installed.

ex. C:\Program Files\Telltale Games\Sam and Max - Season Two\Episode 205 - What's New, Beelzebub
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Link281, what version of the game are you using? (i.e. disc version, recent download, or download from before January of this year)?

The saves aren't always compatible from version to version.
  • edited April 2008
    @ tester_scott: I didn't have any installation options ("download" then "start game") and there is no "telltale games" directory... (I got mine form Gametap, does that put them in another directory...?)
  • edited April 2008
    I'm using the disc version that came out in stores last summer. And Ashton, do you mean the save is the video that follows right as you solve the final puzzle (in this case, freeing Max)?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Sadly, you can't access your save files if you have the GameTap version. They are hidden within the mysterious encrypted drive.
  • edited April 2008
    Damn. Thanks for trying Ashton.
  • edited April 2008
    I found some old saves of mine, no idea if they're any use to you. These are from the v1.0 download version.

They're in seperate files 'cos the forum has a silly 100kb/zip limit :)
  • edited April 2008
    Hmm, guess they're not compatible with my version, because they're doing the same thing my corrupt save files are doing (no thumbnail, loads blank screen).
This discussion has been closed.