Pixture: 203 Grievin' Max

JaiJai
edited May 2008 in Sam & Max
So, Episode 203 brought up this idea in my head. Well, a combination of 203 and 205, since the latter shows that Sam & Max's car has a soul. Anyway, 203 was about splitting souls apart from people, turning them into zombies. And what would happen to Max's gun when our heroes got all undead up in that Soul-Splitter machine? It would share their fate! It would be like Max's best friend dying! So I drew this dramatic picture that is in the link below:

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w271/bytingrev/jai/203grievingmax.jpg

It's much too large to force you to view it in this thread, and I don't yet feel like resizing it (But if someone else resizes it and does a crap job of it, I will probably feel like resizing it).

I've undoubtedly overdone the speckles, my version of souls are gold-colored and not-too-transparent, and I don't have a lot of patience for producing backgrounds (Sorry, hope you like lots of solid green!). And that effect ain't hand-drawn, but that's what makes special effects so special. Enjoy it if you can!

It's specifically just tall enough to fit as my computer's desktop image (If you run 1920x1200 like I do, you'll have to make up the width difference by matching the background color up with the picture to avoid sidebars, whoops. Setting the position to "Tile" may help).

[Edit] Actually, it looks like Photobucket resized it for me! How annoying!

Comments

• JaiJai
    edited April 2008
    So, uh, HERE is the full-sized image, don't trust my earlier lies:

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/4503/203grievinmaxgp8.jpg
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Awesome!
  • edited April 2008
    Why am I suddenly reminded of Ren and Stimpy...?

Oh, an' awesomeness too.
  • edited April 2008
    Is it jsut me or does anyone else think TT shoudl have a "fanart" section?
  • edited April 2008
    I've got a new background picture. Awesome work.
  • edited April 2008
    Bloody brilliant! I love it! And we need a fanart section on the site somewhere.
  • edited April 2008
    Cute!
  • edited May 2008
    Hehehe, Sam&Max meets Ren&Stimpy, or Purcell meets Spümcø. :D

What did you use to draw this? A Wacom tablet I presume and some gfx proggy?

Marc
  • JaiJai
    edited May 2008
    Thanks (Everyone)!

I did, in fact, use a Wacom tablet (Old and unfortunately abused, and I seriously need to replace the stylus). Also, Photoshop Elements 2.0.
  • edited May 2008
    This brings up an intersting thought... is there a line where fantart becomes TOO MUCH like the original and it's nolonger fanart but infringement? I'm playing with Maya and making a standalone 3D max woudlnt' be particularily hard (though making a full animatic would be nice, but is beyond me at this point) and it could server for soem interseting fanart and/or parodyart...
  • edited May 2008
    I think it turns to infringement when you sell your fanart for money.
  • edited May 2008
    lol! yeah... I could REALLY pass myself off as being the creator of S+M... yeah... </sarcasm> but no, seriously, I'd never try to sell it or claim I made up the characters (though I would take credit for that particular creation/rendering I made)

good to know though, I may try that... sam would be harder, but max being naked... only tricky part would be making his Luger...
  • edited May 2008
    barchetta wrote: »
    Hehehe, Sam&Max meets Ren&Stimpy, or Purcell meets Spümcø. :D

Marc

I wish I could find it again, but I know for a fact that somewhere, someone made a t-shirt with Sam & Max drawn as Ren & Stimpy - or was it the other way round? Anyway, this was years ago at a con, I didn't know the guy wearing it and I never found out who did it.
  • edited May 2008
    Max is definitely Ren, but I can't see Sam being Stimpy.
  • edited May 2008
    You kinda have ta flip it just to make the proportions work. Especially if it is this pose.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.