grandpa stinky

edited May 2008 in Sam & Max
why doesn't the carbon-dater in episode 204 work on grandpa stinky?

Comments

• edited April 2008
    He's not a carbon-based life form.
  • edited April 2008
    Non-carbon based? Was he converted into plastic or stone?
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    Probably a side effect of experimenting with the dark side of the force... ermmm, food. That's it: dark food.
  • edited April 2008
    it's Telltale's way of saying: he has a birthday but we don't want to reveal his past because we just don't want to :p
  • edited April 2008
    A more logical reason is that he is ancient, predating any elevator area except hte beginning of time, and there is really no point in going that far back in time. He was an old geezer when S+M were jsut cubs...
  • JaiJai
    edited May 2008
    Maybe he went back in time and fathered himself. Pow, no birthday!
  • edited May 2008
    N Jai, he still had to be born, that wouldnt' eliminate his birthday, only produce a time-loop.
  • edited May 2008
    Ashton wrote: »
    N Jai, he still had to be born, that wouldnt' eliminate his birthday, only produce a time-loop.

Or a visplane overflow.
  • JaiJai
    edited May 2008
    The time-loop would mean Stinky has no age, though (Rendering the carbon-dater useless), since he would be creating himself (Over and over . . . eugh, those pesky impossible time travel chicken-and-egg loops. Also, it's gross). Crap, though, you got me on the "birthday", I shouldn't have said that (Wasn't thinking of "day of birth", but of "day he started existing"). You're quite right.
  • edited May 2008
    Is there no way to avoid these pesky time paradoxes.
  • JaiJai
    edited May 2008
    I'm afraid there isn't.

Not without Futu-Brand Time-Cleaning Paradox Solvent! Get your box of powdered Paradox Solvent today! Only Futu-Brand Paradox Solvent has scrubbing quantum bubbles when introduced to the time-stream! Futu-Brand! Because your mom can't help being hot and unrecognizable fifty years into the past while you're drunk!

Also available in liquid concentrate!

(Common side effects include dry mouth, dizziness, and disappearing from existence)
  • edited May 2008
    Jai wrote: »
    I'm afraid there isn't.

Not without Futu-Brand Time-Cleaning Paradox Solvent! Get your box of powdered Paradox Solvent today! Only Futu-Brand Paradox Solvent has scrubbing quantum bubbles when introduced to the time-stream! Futu-Brand! Because your mom can't help being hot and unrecognizable fifty years into the past while you're drunk!

(Common side effects include dry mouth, dizziness, and disappearing from existence)

Sweet! I've got to get me some of this!
  • edited May 2008
    I know it's worked for m- *disappears from existence*
  • edited May 2008
    Jai wrote: »
    I'm afraid there isn't.

Do the quantum bubbles produce quantum foam?
  • edited May 2008
    Perhaps he is a cake.
  • edited May 2008
    His grandpa made him.
  • edited May 2008
    Ashton wrote: »
    A more logical reason is that he is ancient, predating any elevator area except hte beginning of time, and there is really no point in going that far back in time. He was an old geezer when S+M were jsut cubs...

This is what I always assumed. Except Sam and Max were a puppy and a kitten, not cubs. :p
  • edited May 2008
    Teeth wrote: »
    This is what I always assumed. Except Sam and Max were a puppy and a kitten, not cubs. :p

Pretty sure Max was never a kitten.
  • edited May 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »

That's the problem with paradoxes.
  • edited May 2008
    He could have put a spell on himself to stop it from working on him?
  • edited May 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »

are you certain?
  • edited May 2008
    Teeth wrote: »

bah, technicalities... all young creatures are cubs to me, sorry...
  • edited May 2008
    I thought it was kit or kindle or something...though that sounds like Max was kindling, which is technically true...
  • edited May 2008
    Molokov wrote: »

Well I'll be darned.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.