Is this normal?

edited May 2008 in Game Support
Even though the load times are only 1 or 2 seconds, or even non-existent, I still experience major performance issues with Sam and Max Season Two on my 1680x1050 monitor. The mouse moves very slowly (even on the main menu screen), Sam's movements are jerky, and the driving sequences are near impossible to play without getting frustrated :(. Psychonauts runs at a good 40-50 FPS in windowed mode on this machine. Season Two only improved by an extra frame in windowed mode. Specs of the machine in question:

Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
2.8 GHz processor
3 GB of available RAM
nVidia GeForce 6150 SE with nForce 430, and with 1.3 (approximately) GB of available RAM for the video card
DirectX 10 (most recent DirectX 9.0c for games like Sam and Max)
300 GB of HDD space

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Have you tried turning down your resolution? Generally when your computer starts struggling graphically, the first thing to suffer in these games is the mouse. I'm guessing if you turn things down performance will go up significantly.
  • edited May 2008
    Appreciate the advice. I'll have to play it in windowed mode then, since anything below 1680x1050 on fullscreen causes the bottom and top to be unreadable.
This discussion has been closed.