The Great Adventure Bundle 2010

edited October 2013 in Game Support

It's gone from my games, and I have no way of downloading it again! Why is that?
If you removed it as you can't allow users who paid for it to download it anymore, I think we deserve a copy somewhere else. This is the first time this has happened to me ><

Comments

• the same thing happened to me. I wrote here and sent an email to the support but no one at telltale seems to be answering.
    I'm really trying to keep my cool about the whole thing, but I guess that's what happens when you get bigger.
    I have never read the fine print on their invoices, so I have no idea if they are obligated to offer a downloadable copy
    of every purchase indefinitely, but even if they don't, they could have notified us they were taking it off so we'll download
    it.
    I'm still hoping it's some malfunction, but, again, the ignoring thing is what really bugs me.

• Yep same thing happened to me. Pretty unprofessional really...I may not buy any more telltale games if this is the new 'normal'.

• Maybe TTG can answer? I did however find the download-tool for it, and I tried to download one of the games. It downloads quite slowly, but it seems the downloads still work. If anyone want the download-tool, please PM me and I can try to send it to you on your e-mail. You have to have purchased it at that point, as you need to login with your account before you're allowed to download anything. Probably checks if you've bought it :)

• I noticed the same thing yesterday. I revisited my online account and it's not even listed. I found the confirmation e-mail with serial number for the bundle, but when I try to redeem it on their site I get "Sorry, that gift code could not be found."

I'm fine giving Telltale a few days to get back to us on this, but if they don't then I just might take you up on your offer for the installer, jannar85. Were you able to get the games to run after downloading them through the installer?

• It's no longer available as telltale has lost the rights to distribute some of the games. If you're missing some of the telltale ones, request them to be enabled on your account. Unfortunately the others you'll have to re-purchase/download from elsewhere to play them.

• edited October 2013

Hey guys still available directly for download from here; check Ghorin's post. No direct link to the bundle file itself sadly.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/19247

• edited October 2013

I tried the links and was able to download the files, but i tried penny arcade and king's quest and neither will install.

... and the same for jack keane

... and same with the whispered world

Big Ted posted: »

Hey guys still available directly for download from here; check Ghorin's post. No direct link to the bundle file itself sadly. http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/19247

• oh, and i should mention that i was never able to get the bundle working originally. i know i used it to play puzzle agent, but i don't recall getting anything else to install correctly.

Now i'm trying to get the games to work on my newer laptop. my ex has my old laptop, so that's no help.

megatron posted: »

I tried the links and was able to download the files, but i tried penny arcade and king's quest and neither will install. ... and the same for jack keane ... and same with the whispered world

• You should PM jannar85 as he has the bundle file which you will need to install so that it can verify that you purchased the files.

megatron posted: »

oh, and i should mention that i was never able to get the bundle working originally. i know i used it to play puzzle agent, but i don't recall

• I found a copy of the installer in my backup archives, along with the individual game installers. The games won't run without the installer, but I can't get past the login screen on the installer. sigh

You should PM jannar85 as he has the bundle file which you will need to install so that it can verify that you purchased the files.

• i'm giving that a go.

You should PM jannar85 as he has the bundle file which you will need to install so that it can verify that you purchased the files.

• i think what i have is the installer for the bundle - i can't get past the login screen.

I found a copy of the installer in my backup archives, along with the individual game installers. The games won't run without the installer, but I can't get past the login screen on the installer. sigh

• Sorry for not noticing this earlier. Will send out PM to those who want it, eventually I'll post the link here.

• gah. got the installer for the bundle. but i'm still having the issue with it hanging at the log in screen. the button does nothing.
    i'll contact telltale because i'm unemployed and have a lot of free time.

anyway, the only game from the bundle that shows up in "mygames" on here for me is puzzle agent. were the rest of the games non-telltale?

• I would also quite like a link when it becomes available please

• edited November 2013

I have the same problem... bought the bundle way back and now all off a sudden no files any more, same thing with the redone version of the original monkey island game I bought via telltale, too! When I realised I wrote a mail to the support team, all they told me is that they don't host 3rd partie games on their servers any more, the whole bla bla "sry for you inconvenience... we're looking into ways to make the download possible in the future again" speech. I'am really pissed! I always thought telltale to be a responsible company, better than the greedy rest out there... well seems I was wrong. I mean, they could have sent an email around to everyone affected, telling them to download their stuff to back it up. That wouldn't have been that complicated and everyone would have gotten the chance to save their stuff!
    Next time I even consider buying something offered by them I will think twice before doing so if I will consider it at all!

• Also gone. Really is bad that they even took the receipt from my list. Would have been nice to be informed if this was going to happen.

• MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by removing the download links for these products. Please send an email to our Support Team at support@telltalegames.com for further assistance.

• You know what would be better than a shallow apology? A real solution to the problem, and support for a product you sold us.

MattP posted: »

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by removing the download links for these products. Please send an email to our Support Team at support@telltalegames.com for further assistance.

• I did this shortly after my initial post in this thread, but am yet to receive a reply...

MattP posted: »

• edited December 2013

[removed]

• I just discovered the missing downloads this weekend. While Telltale support wasn't helpful basically just saying their license expired, I'm happy to report the Daedalic gave me a steam code for The Whispered World after I reached out to them. Big kudos to them.

I'll try the other two companies next,

This is how Telltale should be treating their customers. At the very least they should have notified us with a warning email that the game downloads were going to disappear so we could make proper backups.

• I wonder how many of Telltales Games' customers discovered them through the buzz of this Adventure game bundle. Better hope they're more loyal than I am. I own a lot of Telltale Games products on Steam and one on GOG, and it's pretty apparent that I own zero on this website because Telltale games may flippantly decide its not worth supporting my library anymore. But why should they care about me? They've already got my money, right? Well, TTG, you better make it last because it's the last you're getting from me.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you purchased the Adventure Bundle, please contact our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and they will be able to assist you with your particular issue.

jdawg2112 posted: »

I wonder how many of Telltales Games' customers discovered them through the buzz of this Adventure game bundle. Better hope they're more loy

• jdawg2112jdawg2112 Banned
    edited July 2014

I already contacted support and got no support.

Mod Edit: The Posting of Private Correspondence is against the Forum Rules and Guidelines.

I don't want an apology. I want my games or money back. As far as I know, all software for sale is "licensed, not sold", so your TOS is standard fare, yet it's unheard of for a software company go around shutting off licenses. This is some seriously anti-consumer bullshit.

The lesson for all your customers here is that they should be wary of buying your products, especially here on this website. Meanwhile, many of your games (and most of the bundle games) are for sale on GOG.com with no DRM. If only I had bought these games from GOG and not TellTale!

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you purchased the Adventure Bundle, please contact our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and they will be able to assist you with your particular issue.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    My apologies, unfortunately as our license has expired for Jack Keane, The Whispered World, and Penny Arcade Adventures, we are no longer able to distribute these games. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
    jdawg2112 posted: »

I already contacted support and got no support. Mod Edit: The Posting of Private Correspondence is against the Forum Rules and Guideli

• Listen, scum. I have the installers for those games. I just can't use them because your DRM is preventing it. And I think all of your customers should be made aware that the games they buy from you will only work as long as it suits you. And it really tickles me that a portion of the money we spent on this bundle went to the EFF.

My apologies, unfortunately as our license has expired for Jack Keane, The Whispered World, and Penny Arcade Adventures, we are no longer able to distribute these games. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

This discussion has been closed.