Roger L. Jackson Question

edited May 2008 in Sam & Max
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBE-c6Cy3I8

This isn't the same guy that does the voices of some of the Sam & Max characters, is it?

Comments

• edited May 2008
    Yep, same guy. He's Abe! Plus Satan and a few other roles.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    You can hear a little bit of Lincoln in moments during that Mojo Jojo read in the video.
  • edited May 2008
    Wow I always get excited when I find out voice actors do a variety of different characters I love! Rob Paulson is still my fave though! Followed by Jimm Cummings and Tress MacNielle!
  • edited May 2008
    It is all about Patrick Warburton. He is the best.
  • edited May 2008
    What work has he done?
  • MelMel
    edited May 2008
    Brock Samson - Venture Bros. (awesome!)

The teacher (his name escapes me) in Kim Possible

Joe in Family Guy

I know there's more but those were off the top of my head.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Putty on Seinfeld, the Tick in the short-lived live action Tick series, among others.
  • edited May 2008
    I imdb'ed him! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0911320/

Dude he did Kronk! He's a legend of a character!
  • edited May 2008
    Oooh I have a 'The Tick' tee somewhere. It's awesome.
  • edited May 2008
    Oooh I should do a shout to some of the greats like Don Messick, Casey Kasem, Frank Welker and Mel Blanc from the golden era of cartoons
  • edited May 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Yep, same guy. He's Abe! Plus Satan and a few other roles.
    Plus the "phone voice" of the killer in the movie Scream. Roger Jackson is awesome.
  • edited May 2008
    Wow, his voice range is amazing! I hope you bring him back for more voice acting then!
  • edited May 2008
    Man, imdb is really missing a lot of credits for season two. I just had to add in Bosco on most of the episodes, and now I see I have to add Abe.

I should put some of his quotes in there, too. I love how he's the only one with the stones to get surly with Max.
  • edited May 2008
    I love how he's the only one with the stones to get surly with Max.

Ha! I get it. Stones. Hilarius.
  • edited May 2008
    Ha! I get it. Stones. Hilarius.

• edited May 2008
    Rob Paulson is still my fave though!

His name is Robert Paulson.
    His name is Ro-
    I'm sorry, I was having a flashback. What were we talking about?
  • JaiJai
    edited May 2008
    Clearly, Patrick Warburton is the VO king. He even does the voice-over work for his own body in Rules of Engagement!

But Roger L. Jackson is a hell of a guy, too. I would give both of them a cookie.
  • edited May 2008
    Jai wrote: »
    Clearly, Patrick Warburton is the VO king.
    I want to like the guy; he's done a lot of great roles, but I still can't forgive him for The Tick. It may have been short-lived, but that's the kind of abomination that can stain a man's soul. If he's not damned for it, at the least he'll get the warm side of Paradise overlooking the eternal flames, which makes for a nice view, but your ambrosia never tastes quite right with the lingering stench of brimstone in the air.
  • edited May 2008
    AllenB wrote: »
    His name is Ro-
    I'm sorry, I was having a flashback. What were we talking about?

Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda a different guy!

Respect must be given to the guy who can sing this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibvwUyeKe8c
  • edited May 2008
    My favs are definitely Frank Welker, Mel Blanc and Billy West.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Maurice LaMarche!
  • MelMel
    edited May 2008
    Will wrote: »
    Maurice LaMarche!

I had to look him up. With many voice actors, I would probably recognize the character/voice in a heartbeat, but don't know many of the actors' names. :)

http://voicechasers.com/database/showactor.php?actorid=1301

Edit: D'oh! Now his name rings a bell - Futurama!
  • edited May 2008
    I want to like the guy; he's done a lot of great roles, but I still can't forgive him for The Tick. It may have been short-lived, but that's the kind of abomination that can stain a man's soul. If he's not damned for it, at the least he'll get the warm side of Paradise overlooking the eternal flames, which makes for a nice view, but your ambrosia never tastes quite right with the lingering stench of brimstone in the air.

It's easy for me to forgive him for taking that role by pretty much just pretending that there has been no tick television series other than the animated one form the 90s. And that's very easy for me to do as I've never seen an episode of the live action one and never will. :)
  • edited May 2008
    I enjoyed the live action series quite a bit, so there.
  • edited May 2008
    I've got major love for all the VAs mentioned in this topic so far, but if there's one actor that I've got MAJOR love for, it's Scott McNeil.

The man's a freaking genius.
  • MelMel
    edited May 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    I enjoyed the live action series quite a bit, so there.

I never saw it, but I was always under the impression it was a critical hit (but suffered from poor ratings).

You can watch for free (and legally, and I may do that soon).

:)
  • edited May 2008
    I've got major love for all the VAs mentioned in this topic so far, but if there's one actor that I've got MAJOR love for, it's Scott McNeil.

The man's a freaking genius.

Huh, never thought the VA of Koga, Duo, Wolverine, and Stork would look like someone I wouldn't give a second glance at down at the country music bars all the tourists just have to go to. I always pictured him as a habitual smoker.
  • edited May 2008
    Will wrote: »
    Maurice LaMarche!

*bows and kisses the ground he walks on*
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    William Kasten is rapidly becoming one of my favorites.
  • edited May 2008
    Agreed. He's absolutely hilarious as Max, Jurgen and the computer A.I. :D I hope he plays more characters in Season 3.
  • edited May 2008
    Is there any vids of him? Can't find him on youtube
  • edited May 2008
    I don't think TTG films their recording sessions unless it is for a documentary extra like they did last year.
  • edited May 2008
    Well they should! I just like watching the voice actors at work! It's weird seeing characters voices coming from real people. It#s interesting and it amuses me!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.