how to open walking dead?

edited October 2013 in Game Support

i install the game and already log in in this website... the game won't open.. i only see the walking dead on screen.. how thus it works to open the game?

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• still can't understand the instructions.. can you make it easy? pls....
    help ,\me

DjNDB posted: »

Please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• its my problem to and i dont know how to unzip it

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    sherald posted: »

its my problem to and i dont know how to unzip it

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please describe which part of the instructions you don't understand.

bosquiao posted: »

still can't understand the instructions.. can you make it easy? pls.... help ,\me

• Please fix this.. This my support pc data !!
    -->>> http://www.sendspace.com/file/lx3p16

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

What exactly happens if you start the game?

If you're playing on steam, also please check the properties of the Steam.exe, your Steam icons, and the games .exe files, and disable any compatibility mode settings.
    Sometimes compatibility mode is checked, but is grayed out. Then you have to click on "Change settings for all users" at the bottom to disable the checkbox.
    Afterwards try if the game works.

Please fix this.. This my support pc data !! -->>> http://www.sendspace.com/file/lx3p16

• the game won't open.. i only see the walking dead on screen.. how thus it works to open the game?
    I have already accoun in telltalegames ! I dont need play in steam .. i already install the game in my pc .

What exactly happens if you start the game? If you're playing on steam, also please check the properties of the Steam.exe, your Steam icons

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Does it show any error message?
    Did it ask for your username and password?

the game won't open.. i only see the walking dead on screen.. how thus it works to open the game? I have already accoun in telltalegames ! I dont need play in steam .. i already install the game in my pc .

• edited November 2013

No error .. It ask username and password ..when i logged in !! It's stock in walking dead logo ..

Does it show any error message? Did it ask for your username and password?

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please delete the savegame folder
    C:\Users\JayPee\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead

Then start the game again. The game silently downloads about 40MB of updates at the beginning, which can take a few minutes, depending on Network speed. Please let it sit on fullscreen/focused for a while to see if it resolves.

No error .. It ask username and password ..when i logged in !! It's stock in walking dead logo ..

• Im having this same problem, but the thing is is that this was my first time opening the game, and so I dont have any saved games. I downloaded it from Steam on the halloween sale

Please delete the savegame folder C:\Users\JayPee\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead Then start the game again. The game silently d

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

You have the steam version, and the game asks for username and password?

D1v1newr4th posted: »

Im having this same problem, but the thing is is that this was my first time opening the game, and so I dont have any saved games. I downloaded it from Steam on the halloween sale

• yes, I was very confused myself

You have the steam version, and the game asks for username and password?

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

That happened before to some users, but I am not sure what happened afterwards or what caused it.

Did you ever have any other TTG games installed on your computer?

Also please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

D1v1newr4th posted: »

yes, I was very confused myself

This discussion has been closed.