"New Area Unlocked" only in 203... why?

edited May 2008 in Sam & Max
I'm just wondering why the "new area unlocked" notification was only included in NRD and not in any of the other games. Did people find it too annoying?

Comments

• edited May 2008
    i think because sence it was so funny in 203 they only used it once, otherwise it would get to annoying
  • edited May 2008
    In 204 and 205, you get a clear indication that you've unlocked new areas visually.
  • edited May 2008
    Isn't it because "New Location Unlocked" is the latest dance tune that Jurgen had to have playing in his night club?
  • edited May 2008
    @ molokov: lol! that might have explained it if the-now-retarded blusterblaster hand't said it first (though arguably, he could have been listening to that song beforehand ;) lol).
  • edited May 2008
    Were the details of his ...processing... accident ever revealed? That's another thing for Season 3 to deal with...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    I thought his accident occurred when he tried to test the lightning rod just before the events of 203?

As for why "new location unlocked" only appeared in 203, I imagine it was a combination of "because it was funny at that moment" and because 203 has a few instances where new locations appear without you easily knowing about it. (You can suddenly just click on the DeSoto to go to two new places, without a big blatant object like the bermuda triangle or a time machine appearing to let you know of this fact.)
  • edited May 2008
    Ashton wrote: »
    @ molokov: lol! that might have explained it if the-now-retarded blusterblaster hand't said it first (though arguably, he could have been listening to that song beforehand ;) lol).

Actually I don't think Bluster Blaster is retarded now. I think he's drugged. In 205 they made referance to him being on pain medication. I think he's mentally okay, just drugged out of his gord.
  • edited May 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    (You can suddenly just click on the DeSoto to go to two new places, without a big blatant object like the bermuda triangle or a time machine appearing to let you know of this fact.)

I figured that might have been the answer because I was thinking about the later games, 204 and 205 where it was obvious when a new area was accessable, while in 203 some of us might never have realized it.
  • edited May 2008
    And then to be funny, they made a joke out of it. Which got me to laugh. :cool:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.