Music not playing

edited January 2007 in Game Support
It's probably happening elsewhere but I first noticed it outside of Brady Cultures home for Former Child Stars, but it doesn't appear music is working. When I go inside Brady says his lines and I can hear him speaking but I'm assuming that he's supposed to be playing music as well, and it's not playing. Any ideas?

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    You can hear the rest of the sound effects and speech?

Okay this sounds stupid but is there any chance you turned the music volume to zero in your settings accidentally? You never know...
  • edited October 2006
    You can hear the rest of the sound effects and speech?

Okay this sounds stupid but is there any chance you turned the music volume to zero in your settings accidentally? You never know...

No, music volume is up. Even tried monkeying around with the volume to see if it reset anything.

I've also redownloaded it from gametap just in case something was missing.
  • edited October 2006
    could you send a log to Gametap (start-->programs-->gametap-->gtutilitys from here hit the advance tab and hit the scan , extended scan then the send logs and post your green issues handle i will take a look at it.

Crackeyes
    GT Tech
  • edited October 2006
    Issue handle is:
    Quebec-171
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Crackeyes, were you able to find out anything about this issue?
  • edited October 2006
    Kandralla-

You should try updating your sound card drivers. You have version 5.12.1.1164 dated 12/8/05. Version 5.12.1.1196 can be found here. I'm not 100% sure if this will fix the problem, but it will at least eliminate the most likely cause.
    edited October 2006
    Kandralla, please let us know if that fixes the problem!
  • edited October 2006
    Up to driver version 5.12.4.1196.

Still no music.
    edited October 2006
    Hi Kandralla,

We're working with a reviewer who had a similar problem with the review copy (a standalone version of the game, not in GameTap). Would you be able to send us a copy of your DXDiag info? Comparing it to hers will let our tech guys figure out what your systems have in common and might help them resolve the problem.

To do this:

-Click Start
    -Go to Run
    -Type dxdiag
    -Click Save all Information

You can email the file to us at support@telltalegames.com.

Thanks!
  • edited October 2006
    dxdiag file sent.
    edited October 2006
    Got it, thanks.
  • edited January 2007
    ...I take it since theres been no patch, and no reply in several months, and this carries over to episode 2, that the solution is to give up playing the game.
  • edited January 2007
    I'm having the same problem. I'm fairly sure there is supposed to be music during the intro, but none. I have a Soundblaster X-Fi Gamer, 2gigs of ram and a 2ghz AMD. Windows is up to date. Really shouldn't be a problem, right?
    edited January 2007
    ...I take it since theres been no patch, and no reply in several months, and this carries over to episode 2, that the solution is to give up playing the game.

Well, the issue has only been reported to us by two or three people, and unfortunately we can't find anything in common with between the dxdiag files and haven't been able to duplicate it ourselves.

If playing the game without music ruins it for you, we can refund your money. Just email support@telltalegames.com and say that this is why you want the order canceled and I'll take care of it for you.

Atropos - are you the same person who I talked to in email about this a few days ago?
  • edited January 2007
    Have almost the same problem, luckily i dind't bought the full version due, i read your post message. i thought it was a limitation on demo version.The problem is that, the music plays perfectrly but the voice acting an sound efects didn't plays at all. one estrange thing is, the only sound efect that works is the sound that the "big gun" plays when it shoot, thats when you click and shoot.

This is a serious problem to me, i loved sam an max back then when sam & max hit the road releases, the best adventure game i ever played, and this new series is a farely good recreation of that game. but i cant play it if it doasent work propetly.
    I had no problems with culture shock, but i have no voice an no sound efects in this episode, that's realy annoying. and it becomes to frustrate me.

Here are my System specs

Pentium D processor 3.2 GHZ
    Asus P5W DH DELUXE Motherboard
    Video Card MSI Gforce 7900 gt
    Sound driver Realtek HD audio (onboard sound card)
    Audio codec: ALC882
    Audio driver version 5.10.00.5247 (the last one)
    Directx version: 9.0c

I tried many things, for instance downloading the demo again and again, uninstall and reinstall sond drivers (the lastest ones) , uninstall and reinstall GPU drivers, reinstall last version of Directx, but it still doasnt work.

Please give me an answer to solve this problem.
    Thanx!
This discussion has been closed.