When will season 3 come out? (cant wait)

edited May 2008 in Sam & Max
cant wait for season 3. are there any plans for it any time soon?

Comments

• jmmjmm
    edited May 2008
    Disclaimer: I don't work at Telltale so all the following may be false, a lie, a misdirection or an intended misinformation (but otherwise valid within the context)

Some Telltale employees posted that there is a new season (probably Season 3) but we will have to wait till 2009.
  • edited May 2008
    jmm wrote: »
    Disclaimer: I don't work at Telltale so all the following may be false, a lie, a misdirection or an intended misinformation (but otherwise valid within the context)

Some Telltale employees posted that there is a new season (probably Season 3) but we will have to wait till 2009.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:( **cries** thats a whole year away :(:(:(:(:(:(
  • edited May 2008
    Is it?
  • edited May 2008
    I would say 2009 is closer to 6 months and 11 days away than it is a year. :)
  • edited May 2008
    jmm wrote: »

I think it's official. If I remember correctly, it's in the SBCG4AP FAQ.
  • edited May 2008
    I posted this same thread a month or two ago, I was told Feb of 09 woudl be the start of season 3. Though, of ocurse, that was months ago and TT might have changed their minds on when they'll release the games.
  • edited May 2008
    Sam & Max are sooo 1987
  • edited May 2008
    I believe you may have dreamt the February part.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    "Q1 2009" is our current estimate.
  • edited May 2008
    I went back and dug up the old thread, yes "february" was said... but it was by another MEMBER (also one member said based on previous releases it woudl probably be Sept...). TT said "early 2009" which does correlate with Q1, so my appologies.
  • edited May 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    I believe you may have dreamt the February part.
    oh, so i wasn't the only one...i had a dream..and in that dream it was feburary 2009, but i already had the disc version of season three, along with an awesome casefile, soundtrack and the second issue of "surfin the highway"...:D

no, sewiously...first quarter of 2009 sounds good to me. the longer time may prove to spawn fabulous new ideas.
  • edited May 2008
    I'll do everything for season 3 to happen - even wait.
  • edited May 2008
    Aww.Man.That's such a long wait. But I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. With how good season 1 was, and Season 2 being even better, I think it's safe to assume season 3 will be the best season yet.
  • edited May 2008
    IF you get bored, why not get the S+M:FP DVD and watch the TV series? or the book and read the comics? or dig around and find HtR and play it... *is saving HtR for when deepest desperation of S+M Withdrawel hit*
  • edited May 2008
    i see Q1 2009, is that calander or fiscal? if fiscal, when does it start
  • MelMel
    edited May 2008
    Quarters are based on the calendar.

Q1 = Jan, Feb, Mar
    Q2 = Apr, May, Jun
    Q3 = Jul, Aug, Sept
    Q4 = Oct, Nov, Dec

You probably know this, but here it is anyway. :)
  • edited May 2008
    Please be January oh please oh please oh please oh please.... But seriously, I think we can expect a Season 3 trailer around... September/August/November or somewhere around those parts, maybe even farther.
  • edited May 2008
    Well if they would put preorder up right now, we can all give them alot of money and they can hire more people and Season 3 should come out even faster :D (dream)
  • edited May 2008
    quarters are not nessisarily based on jan to dec. the DOD fiscal year is Oct to Oct. hence why i asked if its based on the calander year or thier fiscal year. now if both are the same make is even easier
  • edited May 2008
    Well when comapanies mean it to be Fiscal Year they usually say somethinmg like "Fiscal Q1" or "Q1 of our next fiscal year" :)
  • edited May 2008
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    Well if they would put preorder up right now, we can all give them alot of money

This really is true, putting up a preorder for the season or even the individual eppisodes would roll in a lot of early revenue (though it would be in now instead of later, so...) That might be something TT shoudl consider if they need mroe money in pre-production than during/after the season (though I have no idea of TT's financial situation, they may be underwritten by MS or something and have billions at their disposal at all times)
  • edited May 2008
    Heh, I think we're good, but thanks. Also, we're not allowed to collect money on a sale until it ships, so it wouldn't matter anyway :)
  • edited May 2008
    ...then how do you collect on digital downloads since they never acctually ship?
  • edited May 2008
    I'll give you three guesses about what I meant :)
  • edited May 2008
    You don't want it?
    You're struggling to get it?
    Am I getting it?

Is one of them the correct guess?
  • edited May 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    you don't want it?
    you're struggling to get it
    am i getting it?

is one of them the correct guess?:p
    @The last one:
    No.
  • edited May 2008
    @ tobacco: acctually what I was implying was wheather there was a seperate system that handled the download purchases.

and acctually I'm in no hurry, I'd prefer if TT waited untill they finsihed the whole SEASON to release it (and then do a release of all the games within a week) because once S3 starts I'm dissapearing untill I complete the last game of it (I'm nuts about spoilers, sry)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.