save game for boxing mini game?

edited May 2008 in Sam & Max
I started playing Season 2, Episode 1 ages ago, when it first came out and loved it - EXCEPT for the boxing mini game. After lots of frustration (yes, I know the trick. It doesn't seem to help) I just gave up and shelved it. Along with all the other Season 2 games. Which seems a shame. Has anyone got a save game they wouldn't mind sharing so I could play the rest of Season 2?

Comments

• edited May 2008
    You sure you are doing it right? Becuase the boxing mini game shouldn't be that hard, But anyway, I will see if I still got epsoide 1 in my hard drive.
  • edited May 2008
    I've read the walkthroughs anyway ... but yeah obviously I'm *not* doing it right am I :) I just found it really frustrating ... I suppose I would get it eventually if I kept on at it, and thats what I meant to do, but what actually happened is I never touched it again.
  • edited May 2008
    The game also gets easier every time you lose, so I would suggest keeping at it.
  • JaiJai
    edited May 2008
    Just how far have you gotten through that minigame? I'm not sure what the "trick" to it is, since it's a pretty simple game. Try using the keyboard controls instead of the mouse (I seem to have trouble moving the mouse back to a "centered" position after dodging with it, so the next time I try to dodge I end up standing still). Punch the first rat when he raises an arm. Dodge the second rat when he raises an arm (Dodge towards the arm that is raised), then punch. The third rat is the same as the second rat (As far as beating him goes). It's a simple matter of timing, so all I can think of is that you haven't gotten the timing quite right (I.e., you dodge too soon). Try not to over-complicate it in your mind if you give it another try; I'm quite certain you can do it. Not that this'll help, if you've already researched the walkthroughs for help. Thought I'd try, though.
  • edited May 2008
    agh. I hadn't downloaded the save game yet and its disappeared. Will anyone who wants to take pity on me PM me? Otherwise ... I've paid for all of season 2 for nothing because I don't feel like wasting any more time swearing ...
  • edited May 2008
    don't you have anybody who could have a swing at the mini-game? you definitely shouldn't miss season 2 just because of it...
  • JaiJai
    edited May 2008
    You could even skip to the next episode.
  • edited May 2008
    Yeah. You could just watch the little episode 201 movie we made that will tell you what happened so that you could just move on to 202.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Well, most of what happened. The Christmas Special isn't 100% accurate.
  • edited May 2008
    cura wrote: »
    agh. I hadn't downloaded the save game yet and its disappeared. Will anyone who wants to take pity on me PM me? Otherwise ... I've paid for all of season 2 for nothing because I don't feel like wasting any more time swearing ...

I took it down because I realized that was during the part when you were
    facing off with Santa at the end
    . Hey, I hadn't saved it since March!
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Believe it or not, I don't actually have any old save games lying around. None that are compatible I don't think.
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2008
    There is always the option to send or post a saved game before the boxing game. Then someone can beat it, save the game and send/post the saved game... Just a thought.

@cura: If you want, I can play your game, just PM me for details.
  • edited May 2008
    Sheesh, has this thread really gone on for three days already? Save-game hoarder to the rescue!
    As you're missing a slight cutscene, I'll inform you that
    they got the War figure but didn't find the weapons of mass destruction ("Who needs 'em, anyway?"), and Jimmy is now about to kill himself ("Guys like a candid reality check." "Your suicide causation rate suggests otherwise..")
  • JaiJai
    edited May 2008
    Will wrote: »
    Well, most of what happened. The Christmas Special isn't 100% accurate.

Now you sound like George Lucas!
  • edited May 2008
    thanks a bunch :) just in time for some jetlagged sam and max on my next flight heheh (no way would I be beating the boxing game now!!!)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.