No saved stats from EP1? (The Walking Dead)

edited November 2013 in Game Support

Hi!

I had to replay this game due to steam cloud service didnt work well with this game.
So now Im starting EP3. First I had a problem with getting EP3 started, cause the game told me that I was on ep2. Then I could see the stats for ep1, but when I deactivated the prefs file, I can only see stats for ep2 and not one, is something wrong then?
Did it fail already at the first episode? Cause Kenny told me I hadn't been on his side, even if I had.

What should I do? Take the pref file from the first and play the 2nd ep once more?
Or can I fix this somehow, or is everything fine?

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• edited November 2013

Here's the link: Click here

Maybe worth to say, when I did this test I had activated the pref file again. If you want another without it, I fix it asap.
    But I think there is some collision between the prefs and the saves.

DjNDB posted: »

Please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please rename the prefs.prop in
    D:\Spel\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default
    to prefs.prop.bak to deactivate it.

kukrunar posted: »

Here's the link: Click here Maybe worth to say, when I did this test I had activated the pref file again. If you want another without it, I fix it asap. But I think there is some collision between the prefs and the saves.

• edited November 2013

Please rename the prefs.prop in \Spel\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default to prefs.prop.bak to deactivate it.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

OKay, and what does the game do now?

New Link with prefs deactivated

• edited November 2013

As I mention in the beginning of the thread, I´ve already tried deactivating the prefs file.
    The results is that I get to EP3, but I can't see any stats from EP1 (which I don't know if it's wrong, but as mentioned it seemed like it didn't get to ep2, cause Kenny was mad at me for not picking his side with duck, which I had). But with Prefs activated I can see stats from EP1, but it says I'm on EP2.

OKay, and what does the game do now?

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

What happens if you disable the prefs.prop in
    C:\Users\Kukrunar\Documents\telltale games\the walking dead

and move the one from
    D:\Spel\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default
    to
    ?

As I mention in the beginning of the thread, I´ve already tried deactivating the prefs file. The results is that I get to EP3, but I can't s

• The same as if I have the pref in the steam map activated.
    It shows the stats for episode 1, but nothing from the second one.

What happens if you disable the prefs.prop in C:\Users\Kukrunar\Documents\telltale games\the walking dead and move the one from \Spel\Ste

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

It looks like the savegame is inconsistent no matter which prefs.prop you choose.

The same as if I have the pref in the steam map activated. It shows the stats for episode 1, but nothing from the second one.

• edited November 2013

Yes. Well I would guess that they are two different save files that has their own prefs. So the error should have started right after I finished the first one. Maybe if I check the stats on the episodes and prefs between every episode.

But do you think the only solution is to start from the pref with the stats from the first episode?

It looks like the savegame is inconsistent no matter which prefs.prop you choose.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2013

I really don't know what's the better solution. The save system is a bit complicated and I don't know every detail.
    If all the stats are correct, and the choices are reflected in the game properly, chances are best that Season 2 will read your choices correctly.

What you can try is, make sure that there's no prefs.prop anywhere else but in
    at all times.

Use the prefs.prop that has the episode 1 stats. Then try rewinding to and replaying the final chapter of Episode 2. Make sure that you let the credits run through just to be safe. Maybe it will write the correct stats for episode 2 and fix the inconsistency.

Yes. Well I would guess that they are two different save files that has their own prefs. So the error should have started right after I finish

• Yes, though I doesn't have the option to rewind Episode 2, only the first one.
    Ah, I'll just play through it once more, thanks for your help though!

I really hope though that the team could fix this, for TWD and their future titles, as it's a very important "bug", so its sad that many have had problem with their saves.

I really don't know what's the better solution. The save system is a bit complicated and I don't know every detail. If all the stats are cor

• I have had this exact problem, a lot of the choices I made in ep. 1 didn't pass through to ep. 2, it's really disappointing. :( kukrunar did u get your game fixed?

This discussion has been closed.