MacBook Pro 15 (new, late 2013) and Walking Dead

edited November 2013 in Game Support

I just purchased Walking Dead via Steam for my new MacBook Pro 15 (late 2013 with Nvidia 750 GPU). Episode 1 works fine up until you get to the Greene's farm. After you sleep in the barn on the first night and then wake up the graphics get corrupted - you see no characters and the graphics are messed up. Audio and story continues but you can't see anyone or play the game.

Is this a known issue that will be resolved?

Comments

• Thanks, I did that and still have the same error. I made a video to help troubleshoot this:

I'm on a new MacBook Pro 15" with the Nvidia 750 GPU and running Mac OS 10.9.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

DjNDB posted: »

Please try verifying the game cache files.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

It is possible that your Mac switches to using Intel graphics during that scene. You can try if disabling Automatic Graphics Switching helps.

MikeYbarra posted: »

Thanks, I did that and still have the same error. I made a video to help troubleshoot this: I'm on a new MacBook Pro 15" with the Nvidia 750 GPU and running Mac OS 10.9. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

• Changed that, tried it - same error. Rebooted, verified it was unchecked and it still has the same behavior.

DjNDB posted: »

It is possible that your Mac switches to using Intel graphics during that scene. You can try if disabling Automatic Graphics Switching helps.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2013

I don't know what causes this, so I can only suggest you some things you can try.

• Setting all graphics options to minimum/off
    • Switching the game to windowed mode by pressing Command + F.
    • completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game
    MikeYbarra posted: »

Changed that, tried it - same error. Rebooted, verified it was unchecked and it still has the same behavior.

This discussion has been closed.