Is there any chance we'll control Max in Season Three?

edited July 2008 in Sam & Max
Is there any chance we'll be able to control Max in Season Three? That would be a giant leap in the series. I guess Telltale already owns some routines that manage the simultaneous control of several characters (see Bone The Great Cow Race). ;)
Of course Max has got no inventory, but... well... you know, he keeps his gun SOMEWHERE. :p

If you've already talked about this, feel free to lock the thread. I've not been hanging around these forums for a while.

Comments

• edited May 2008
    it has already been discussed here...and probably in some other locations..
  • edited May 2008
    You control Max in Raving Dead
  • edited May 2008
    wisp wrote: »

Got it, I missed the thread because the poll was actually asking for something different.
    I know you can control Max in 203, but I want something more. :D
  • edited May 2008
    are you sure you (or anybody else) can handle more??:D
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2008
    I don't think the universe....erm, world is prepared to handle Max.
  • edited May 2008
    I have the feeling that if more than a few minutes of controlling Max were allotted, Max would suddenly stop paying attention to our commands and start walking around on his own.
  • edited May 2008
    That, and what would you accomplish controlling Max... besides creating destruction.
  • edited May 2008
    leon101 wrote: »
    That, and what would you accomplish controlling Max... besides creating destruction.

Why exactly do you think I'd want to control Max in the first place?

"You call it overzealous, I call it thorough."
  • edited May 2008
    Diduz wrote: »
    Got it, I missed the thread because the poll was actually asking for something different.

and this thread's title is more to the point? XD

anyway, as awesome as it would be to control max (in theory), i don't think it would work out. for starters, it would ruin the "wander around aimlessly" style that fits max so well. not to mention that, in order to get through a game, we'd probably need to do many things that are very un-max-like.

i'd also like to point out, max has often had his own ideas on how to do things, but sam always stops him. if we were max, that would be a problem. and if sam wasn't there to stop max... *shudder*
  • edited May 2008
    MaxFan wrote: »
    Why exactly do you think I'd want to control Max in the first place?

"You call it overzealous, I call it thorough."

Cause' you're crazy? :D
  • edited May 2008
    delimew wrote: »

i'd also like to point out, max has often had his own ideas on how to do things, but sam always stops him. if we were max, that would be a problem. and if sam wasn't there to stop max... *shudder*

Right. The only one who is able to control max ist Sam - so in a way we ARE controlling Max by controlling Sam. :D
  • edited May 2008
    wisp wrote: »

and here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4366
    ah how quickly the time goes....
  • edited June 2008
    delimew wrote: »
    and this thread's title is more to the point? XD

Touché! :p :D
  • edited June 2008
    I doubt Max'll be much more playable because the games largely have the violent scenes at the hands of Max and just off screen. If Max is center screen scenes like that would at the very least be fewer and further between.
  • edited June 2008
    It would take some a seriously skilled lagamorph rangler to control Max
  • edited June 2008
    Not even one of those can control Max.
  • edited June 2008
    *sigh* people always seem to want a playable max but it really isnt neccesary, and like everyone says you just can't control max (although that was a good point about how sam controls max so therefore you do have the only way of controlling max already at your disposal.)
  • edited June 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    You control Max in Raving Dead

Not to rain on your peraide but that you don't control Max in Raving dead that was just Sam in Max's body so you never realy controled Max.
  • edited June 2008
    How about ... there's some sort of secret entrance, that's too narrow for Sam to crawl through. So instead, the player has to control Max and solve a puzzle to get further in the game?
  • edited July 2008
    Max is more controllable than people think. The difficult thing is just knowing when he and Sam are speaking in jest and when they really mean to do the awful things they mention. It's a fine, fine line between sarcasm and insanity.
  • edited July 2008
    Controlling Max would be cool.

Maybe a scenario where the two have to get into a house but the door is locked. Sam could throw Max through a window and then the player has to find the key, or something else Max could use to open the door^^
  • edited July 2008
    wouldn't max just eat the key?
  • edited July 2008
    only if it was stuck in a popicle
  • edited July 2008
    That's why I added 'other things he could open the door with' ^^
  • edited July 2008
    but, if we were controlling max, then max wouldn't be wandering around aimlessly anymore! and sam would be... just standing there?
  • edited July 2008
    In Season 3, Max controls you!
  • edited July 2008
    Derwin wrote: »
    In Season 3, Max controls you!

Yay^^

Through us Max will gain world domination.
  • jmmjmm
    edited July 2008
    No wonder why I had a sudden urge to shoot things and eat junk food

Somehow that reminded me:

"Stick a fork in, open wide
    Everyone is Max inside"
  • edited July 2008
    I'm already Max's bitch.
  • edited July 2008
    jmm wrote: »
    No wonder why I had a sudden urge to shoot things and eat junk food

Somehow that reminded me:

"Stick a fork in, open wide
    Everyone is Max inside"

"Stick a spork in, deep inside.
    Everyone is Maxified."

I love that song:D
  • edited July 2008
    You can't control Max. Ever. He wouldn't allow you. At best, you'd give him advice and he might follow it if it suited him.
  • edited July 2008
    Maybe the only way the game would work if you played using reverse psychology.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm working on the idea for a game where you control Max (for the whole game!!!!!)
  • edited July 2008
    You could call it Max and Max, and you could play max and have a sidekick who is also max and they just stay in the office damaging things and laughing.
  • edited July 2008
    ^ I'd play that 7 times. But never, NEVER 8 times.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.