CSI: Hard Evidence .exe file

edited June 2008 in Game Support
I have installed the CSI: Hard Evidence without problems. But when I want to start the game, it says "CSI4. has stopped working" Windows Update will then tell me if it can solv the problem. - but it can't. :mad:

I have been in Msconfig, %temp%, restarted and installed the game 5-6 times - and the Ubisoft has tried to help me with all their ideas. I have updated my ATI Radeon.

System Information
Time of this report: 6/3/2008, 14:32:04
Machine name: SIGNE-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.071023-1545)
Language: Danish (Regional Setting: Danish)
System Manufacturer: Acer, inc.
System Model: Ferrari 5000
BIOS: v1.3226
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 2558MB RAM
Page File: 1083MB used, 4232MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

Anyone with some ideas?

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    My first suggestion would be to try moving or renaming UM.dll from your CSI4 folder. This should stop the game from trying to run Ubi's updater, which frequently causes people problems.

Out of curiosity, what did Ubisoft suggest?
  • edited June 2008
    Thanks for you answer, I will try that in a minute. Ubisoft had alot of ideas.
    - Deaktivate all in Msconfig
    - Hold the shift button down when the game CD is in the computer
    - Empty the %temp%
    - Update my ATI and sound card
    And now they have given up, and said that it's probably because the only supported OS for this game is Windows® 2000/XP. - BUT that is not so, because on my gamecase it says "Windows® 2000/XP and Vista (only)".
  • edited June 2008
    It didn't work... Any other ideas?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Which exe are you using? Have you tried using CSI4.exe in the CSI root folder?
  • edited June 2008
    I have tried to open the game in every way. From the Setup, CSI4.exe in the folder - and just from the desktop... I find it very odd - this problem. Nobody else than me has this problem, as fare as I can see on the Internet...
This discussion has been closed.