LucasArts Halting Internal Development?

edited June 2008 in General Chat
http://kotaku.com/5014426/rumor-lucasarts-to-halt-all-internal-development#c6095467

If this is true, it could be very bad for prospects of sequels to certain adventures we all know and love. Just a rumor for now, though.

Comments

• MelMel
    edited June 2008
    Were their prospects ever good though?
  • edited June 2008
    No, but there was that tiny chance. Look at the Neverhood. Long dead IP, now it's being revived as a film.
  • edited June 2008
    Lucasarts died along time ago.
  • edited June 2008
    I look at LucasArts like a junkie, both sorry for them and disgusted by them. Tut, tut, tut..... How did it turn out like this, what went wrong....

On a brighter note, perhaps this means they'll let go of their old licenses! Monkey Island shall be mine! Mwuhahahahahaaaa! :p
  • edited June 2008
    This wouldn't necessarily be bad news for adventure gaming. If anything, if they know they will never develop those games themselves that could make them more amenable to license them to developers like Telltale. If they're going to outsource Star Wars games, why still desperately cling to some ag licenses they don't seem to care about much anyway?
    Of course, that still leaves the matter of convincing them there's enough profit in it (and possible also that the effects on their image wouldn't be all that bad). That'll remain as tricky as ever.
  • edited June 2008
    "Hey! Good job finishing up our newest game: Force Unleashed. Now here's your pink slip." Sure, I never really was interested in LucasArts games after the 80s-late 90s, but that doesn't matter. Their decision in bad form. The higher-ups doesn't even wait to see if the finished game is a hit or not. Even to them, it's just another Star Wars game for the records. I hope the development team get better jobs in the near future...
  • edited June 2008
    Good, good.
  • edited June 2008
    Never believe a LucasArts PR rep or press release..
Sign in to comment in this discussion.