The New Car

edited October 2008 in Sam & Max
If the DeSoto isn't exorcized by the start of Season 3, what should their replacement wheels be?

Comments

• YitYit
    edited June 2008
    A dump truck.
  • edited June 2008
    The Mystery Machine.
  • edited June 2008
    the time machine from DoTT? :D
  • edited June 2008
    Again I would say the DeLoren but that was distroyed so maybe the Time Train from BTTF.
  • jmmjmm
    edited June 2008
    K I T T (Darned thing kept lowercasing the text)
  • edited June 2008
    I think K I T T should get an attitude with Max.
  • edited June 2008
    I'm fairly sure it will be exorcised. Or it will just be referred to as being possessed and we won't notice a difference. This IS the world of Sam & Max, after all!
  • edited June 2008
    ...or they will just have another desoto, like in between htr and season 1.
  • edited June 2008
    Sam and Max use the Timemachine and take the new Desoto from 19xx - and meet themselves as child. It takes a whole episode. S&M as childs -:D
  • edited June 2008
    "What do you mean, 'replacement'?!:mad:"
    Just taming it a bit should be enough. With their driving style, nobody'll even notice the difference.
    They never cared much about their answering machine being demonically posessed; for the car, I imagine Max seeing it as a positive thing.
  • edited June 2008
    I'd like to see some of the desoto designs from the sketchbooks appear in upcoming S&M games. I especially would like to see the Desoto variation that appears in The Age of S & M - the one with the giant rocket boosters on the side. If they DO get a new mode of transportation, it would be cool the see the Megamax 2000 - that would be fun to cruise around in. It might be a little hard to highway surf, though.
  • edited June 2008
    Maybe Sam and Max should start using public transportation. It's the obvious next step for them with gas prices rising and all of that.
  • edited June 2008
    Sam and Max using public transportation? That's a scary thought.
  • edited August 2008
    how about a Vespa scooter Sam can drive and Max can shoot people or stuff from the back. or there can be a basket on the front and Max can sit there.
  • Champ'dout wrote: »
    how about a Vespa scooter Sam can drive and Max can shoot people or stuff from the back. or there can be a basket on the front and Max can sit there.
    LOL. That would look hilarious.

Anyways, knowing Sam and Max, I bet a Demonically possesed car would be awesome for them.Their should totally be a plot twist where the Demon possesing the Desoto is switched with the Shambling Corporate Presence. Just an idea. *whistles to his/her self*
  • edited August 2008
    The train
  • edited August 2008
    a 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme convertable
  • edited August 2008
    How about the Bluesmobile? It'd be a good fit for them.
  • edited August 2008
    Peewee Herman's bike, of course!

bike1_small.jpg
  • edited August 2008
    ooo ooo!

a Black Ferrari!

Grey leather seats!
    dash board has a computer in it!
    automatic gun launcher!
    and it can turn into a airplane, a boat, a space ship and a submarine!
    and you can change the sound of the horn!!!!

*Dukes of Hazzard horn plays*
  • ShaggE wrote: »

bike1_small.jpg
    *slaps head*

Why didn't I think of that? Perfect!

*Watches Max attack Pee-Wee, and steal bike*
  • edited August 2008
    As long as Max is President they can use Limo 1, Air Force 1 etc. They could have some interesting conversations with Superball regarding the legitimacy of various journeys involved in their cases.
  • edited August 2008
    They could save energy and use public transportation. Oh boy how exciting!
  • edited August 2008
    I think the people who use public transportation would quickly find a way to get Sam & Max a new car.
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2008
    They have a Maimtron 9000 in perfect condition... what else would they need for transportation?
  • edited August 2008
    indeed...but, after playing 205, it's save to say, that the maimtron wouldn't excactly be the fasted method of transportation.
  • edited August 2008
    A mini hahahaha
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    A mini hahahaha

snm_04_03.jpg
  • edited August 2008
    darn...
    and i got my hopes up for hte Ferrari :(
  • edited August 2008
    thats better than a ferrari
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    snm_04_03.jpg

is that mr beans mini?
  • edited August 2008
    A bobsled that's pulled by 2 rows of rats.
  • AussieEvil wrote: »
    If the DeSoto isn't exorcized by the start of Season 3, what should their replacement wheels be?

Scary thought!
    Taking away the DeSoto would be like replacing Max with one of the Care Bears!

(shudder)

I'd like to see the DeSoto put back as a 2dr Hardtop though.
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    snm_04_03.jpg

Shiner much?
  • edited August 2008
    Desototron, TRANSFORM & ROLL OUT!
  • edited August 2008
    Scary thought!
    Taking away the DeSoto would be like replacing Max with one of the Care Bears!

(shudder)

I'd like to see the DeSoto put back as a 2dr Hardtop though.
    How about one of the Buddy Bears?
  • edited August 2008
    Hybrid! Make it a hybrid!
  • edited August 2008
    A mini hahahaha

I used to have a Mini here in England. Top speed around 80 to the DeSoto's 130, but very good handling and low down acceleration.
    I hope they get the DeSoto back, but an episode or two with some other transport might be fun.
    How about Limo 1, with Superball at the wheel, constantly needing to be convinced that journeys are a legitimate use of the taxpayers money.
  • edited August 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »

bike1_small.jpg
    u do know in the comic sam took a kids bike that looked like pee wees and the kid he took it from was wearing a peewee shirt. mabey it will be peewees bike.
  • edited August 2008
    Old motorbike with a sidecar - Wallace and Gromit style
Sign in to comment in this discussion.