• edited June 2008
    Art wrote: »
    Hi,
    Never heard of sam and max ever.:eek:
    What is it?:confused:

hmm try out the full game of abe lincoln must die (104) it is free

that should give you a good idea
  • edited June 2008
    It's one of the greatest games of all time.

Really.
  • edited June 2008
    Sam & Max is only the single greatest adventure game series continuing from ye old 1992.

Research!
    http://samandmax.net/
    http://www.mixnmojo.com
    http://www.telltalegames.com/summerofsamandmax/

Have fun, ten four!
  • edited June 2008
    Sam & Max is only the single greatest adventure game series continuing from ye old 1992.

Sam and Max is THE GREATEST game, and comic, and TV show, and graphic novel, and etc...of ALL TIME. In my mind, nothing beats Sam and Max...not even my girlfriend. Curse you LucasArts for not finishing Freelance Police!!! (and on the same note) THANK YOU TELLTALE FOR BRINGING MY OBSESSION BACK TO LIFE!!!
  • edited June 2008
    Amen brother.
  • edited June 2008
    An awesome Episodic series. As much as I love half-life, they messed up on the episodic stuff.
  • edited June 2008
    Orange+ wrote: »
    An awesome Episodic series. As much as I love half-life, they messed up on the episodic stuff.

I think "messed up" is saying it a little too nicely. ;) Although I think I'd take the three episodes spread out over the course of time, like it has been, rather than just get 'em all in a big lump and call it Half-Life 3, y'know? (even though that's technically what the episodes ARE.)
  • ArtArt
    edited July 2008
    Hi,

Thank you all for replying.

See,ya
  • ArtArt
    edited July 2008
    Hi,

I Just read the comics. Found out. Funny.

See,ya
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah I was about to say, if you never ever EVER even heard of Sam & Max, you have to watch the comics or the series first before you play the new games from Telltale. While you would still laugh your ass off, you have to see the original Sam & Max to fully appreciate them! Or you could have played the original game first, Sam & Max Hit The Road! :)
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah I was about to say, if you never ever EVER even heard of Sam & Max, you have to watch the comics or the series first before you play the new games from Telltale. While you would still laugh your ass off, you have to see the original Sam & Max to fully appreciate them! Or you could have played the original game first, Sam & Max Hit The Road! :)
    I would beg to differ. I played Season 1 before watching the cartoons, playing HtR, and then finally read the comics just recently when StH came out, and I fully appreciate the madcap hijinks of the Freelance Police.
  • edited July 2008
    I am one of those kind that believe for legends (Sam & Max, Final Fantasy etc. etc.) you have to know the classic stuff to fully appreciate it. Sure you appreciate Sam & Max when you play the episodes, but if you know jack squat about their older game, comics, and cartoon, then you will only be playing the newer stuff and know nothing of the classics that made Sam & Max what it is today. An example being, playing Final Fantasy XIII when it releases, and then trying to say you fully appreciate Final Fantasy when you've never played any of the NES/SNES classics, FFVII, and such.
  • edited July 2008
    I am one of those kind that believe for legends (Sam & Max, Final Fantasy etc. etc.) you have to know the classic stuff to fully appreciate it. Sure you appreciate Sam & Max when you play the episodes, but if you know jack squat about their older game, comics, and cartoon, then you will only be playing the newer stuff and know nothing of the classics that made Sam & Max what it is today. An example being, playing Final Fantasy XIII when it releases, and then trying to say you fully appreciate Final Fantasy when you've never played any of the NES/SNES classics, FFVII, and such.
    "Classic" Final Fantasy?
    You mean the ones that were 60 hours of grinding?
    'Cause the NES couldn't do much more than that.
    FFVI's great, though. I'll give them that.
  • edited July 2008
    Just an example. My point is, sure you can play the new version of a classic, but you can't fully truly appreciate the basis and concept of said idea, such as Sam & Max, without first having experienced it in it's classic form.
  • edited July 2008
    Just an example. My point is, sure you can play the new version of a classic, but you can't fully truly appreciate the basis and concept of said idea, such as Sam & Max, without first having experienced it in it's classic form.
    And my point is that this basically excludes people like, say, me who were like 2 when HtR and the original StH came out and would never have even heard of the franchise if it weren't for Telltale.
  • edited July 2008
    I really don't think you need to know and appreciate the original material to love Telltale's. Telltale does an EXCELLENT job making original material that has zero reliance on the original material to be good.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm not saying that they didn't do a good job, or that you had to read all the comics, beat the classic game, and see the series at 2. How people love to twist my words around to see what they want, oh how I love it. My complete. Utter. Point. Is. That having a knowledge of and having experienced older forms of something rather than just it's newer version gives you a more complete and satisfying picture and idea of it. Nowhere did I see in my post where I said Telltale's games are crap or you had to experience that stuff even if you were 2. Hell, you don't even have to experience it first, you can discover it trhough the new series, though hopefully you'd love Sam & Max so much you'd -want- to go back and look at the classic stuff to get a full understanding and view of them, how they've evolved, see them at their glorious work in the past, etc. I think I've made my point, discussion ended.
  • edited July 2008
    And my point is, I think they're great stand-alone products that really AREN'T at all enriched by the earlier work.
  • edited July 2008
    And yet again, your brain cannot comprehend the complexity of the point I try to make. Forget it. You're going to hurt yourself and others around you if you think too hard, my friend.
  • edited July 2008
    Okay kids, play nice!
  • edited July 2008
    And yet again, your brain cannot comprehend the complexity of the point I try to make.

I wish people wouldn't make arguments like this. If you can't think of a good response, don't resort to "You don't get it because you're stupid". It doesn't help your case at all.
  • edited July 2008
    And yet again, your brain cannot comprehend the complexity of the point I try to make. Forget it. You're going to hurt yourself and others around you if you think too hard, my friend.
    Rule #1 of debating: Ad hominem attacks are verboten. (I'm not saying that this is a formal debate, I'm just illustrating a point)
    Also, just for the record, after playing Season 1 I did go back and play HtR and watch the cartoons and read the comics.
  • ArtArt
    edited July 2008
    Hi,

Ok, If you two retards are going to fight,
    keep emailing each other. Not in a S&M talk.

See,ya
  • edited July 2008
    Art wrote: »
    Hi,

Ok, If you two retards are going to fight,
    keep emailing each other. Not in a S&M talk.

See,ya
    You know, you want people to listen to you, calling them retards is not how you go about it.
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah, and if they NEED to brawl, they should do it at Gator Golf!
  • edited July 2008
    I'm not arguing. I'm not even speaking about that anymore. There's no sense talking to people about something when they're going to twist your words around and argue with you.
  • ArtArt
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, and if they NEED to brawl, they should do it at Gator Golf!

Hi,

Sorry, I was a little mad.
    OK, you two aren't retards.

See,ya
  • ArtArt
    edited July 2008
    Hi,

Oh, you two aren't fighting,good.

See,ya
  • edited July 2008
    If they followed an ongoing, persistent cast of characters throughout all the mediums, I would suggest to capture the experience fully, you should go over the material in the order it was created. However, this is not the case.

The characters are very rarely carried from one medium to the other, in this case the product with the highest production value, assuming the writing is generally of equal excellence, should be played first. Being the Telltale Games.

So I agree with Dashing.
  • ArtArt
    edited July 2008
    Zootch wrote: »
    If they followed an ongoing, persistent cast of characters throughout all the mediums, I would suggest to capture the experience fully, you should go over the material in the order it was created. However, this is not the case.

The characters are very rarely carried from one medium to the other, in this case the product with the highest production value, assuming the writing is generally of equal excellence, should be played first. Being the Telltale Games.

So I agree with Dashing.

Hi,

Huh? What the hell did you say?:confused:

See,ya
  • edited July 2008
    This thread has become highly broken. Feel free to start a new one if you think you can avoid insulting one another.
This discussion has been closed.