Season 1 for $10 AU ?!?!

edited July 2008 in Sam & Max
Hi guys - I have Seasons 1 & 2, but thought I might let everyone know about this -

Sam & Max - Season One - $10 (Australia)

I saw it this morning when I picked up Phoenix Wright 2 for the same price :D

Sad to see it in the bargain bin - I did pick up a copy to go with my Telltale S1 disc though :)

I know it's not of huge use to most of you - but some people will either be in Aus or know people in Aus, so thought I'd post anyway.

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Is that the real box art they're using? Sweet mercy, is that thing an unapproved surprise!

Ooh, episode six: coming soon. Classy.

Good price, though!
  • edited June 2008
    That's hilarious. Awful box art and all.

Wait.. what's this? "Episode 5 – Reality 2."

An alternate version of Reality 2.0? What a deal! :p
  • edited June 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Is that the real box art they're using? Sweet mercy, is that thing an unapproved surprise!

Ooh, episode six: coming soon. Classy.

Good price, though!

:D

That isn't the real boxart - I have no idea where they got it from though :rolleyes:

This is the boxart as it appears on the shelves - complete with a $70 sticker on it - so a $60 discount is pretty amazing. I took this a while back when I first saw it instore.

SamMaxS1DSESmall.jpg
  • edited June 2008
    Wow, that is extremely expensive. When it first came out in North america it retailed for $30.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Good lord! $70 AU? Really? Must be all of the localization costs....
  • edited June 2008
    You don't need to be in Australia to buy it. I could snag a copy of HTR for a friend at 1/4 the secondhand price even with shipping.

I remember when the Australian dollar was weaker than the American; now they're about the same.
  • edited June 2008
    DarkMatt wrote: »
    :D

That isn't the real boxart - I have no idea where they got it from though :rolleyes:

This is the boxart as it appears on the shelves - complete with a $70 sticker on it - so a $60 discount is pretty amazing. I took this a while back when I first saw it instore.

SamMaxS1DSESmall.jpg

It says $69.76, but the 6 is so faded it almost looks like it's $10. But are they using the same box art in Australia?
  • edited June 2008
    That is the Australian box art... because it's got the PG logo (OFLC ratings, kinda like the ESRB except we have the same classifications for games and tv and movies... except there's no R18+ for games, so anything too violent/sex-filled gets banned. GTAIV was modified for Australia so it could get a MA15+ rating)
  • edited June 2008
    Ahh crap!

Found it on the DSE website (above link got redirected) but this is only in the DSE Powerhouse stores... which DON'T EXIST IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA! :(

I was going to buy one and give it to someone as a gift.

Can you believe they want a minimum of $9.90 for shipping from interstate?
  • edited June 2008
    Updated Link: Sam and Max: Season One - $10

Also: Sam and Max: Hit The Road - $5

Yeah, we get charged a lot for games here - publishers obviously still think our dollar is worth half of the USD.
  • edited June 2008
    I'll take HTR! If only I lived in australia
  • edited June 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    That is the Australian box art... because it's got the PG logo (OFLC ratings, kinda like the ESRB except we have the same classifications for games and tv and movies... except there's no R18+ for games, so anything too violent/sex-filled gets banned. GTAIV was modified for Australia so it could get a MA15+ rating)

Banning games never does any good. It actually boosts the games popularity & boosts online sales. Especially on eBay & Amazon.
  • edited June 2008
    DarkMatt wrote: »
    Updated Link: Sam and Max: Season One - $10

Also: Sam and Max: Hit The Road - $5

Yeah, we get charged a lot for games here - publishers obviously still think our dollar is worth half of the USD.

I wouldn't be suprised if the Australian dollar surpasses the American dollar by early 2009. Same for Canada.
  • edited June 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    Ahh crap!

Found it on the DSE website (above link got redirected) but this is only in the DSE Powerhouse stores... which DON'T EXIST IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA! :(

I was going to buy one and give it to someone as a gift.

Can you believe they want a minimum of $9.90 for shipping from interstate?

Maybe it's being hosted in Singapore. If only all the world would embrace the cheapness that is Media Mail.
  • edited July 2008
    OMGWTFBBQ!?!

Dick Smith is having a half price games sale at the moment.

Which makes Season 1 all of $5!

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/486e2fc4030c09062740c0a87f9c0652/Product/View/YG9954

... and yet still not available in any SA stores.

All NSW/ACT and Vic people who have a nearby DSE, you should grab this and foist it upon your Sam and Max deprived friends :)
  • edited July 2008
    This is kinda strange... I looked up the website just then and it said $25!:(
    Well, there goes my hopes of getting the game outside the Wii.
    (I'd rather get the costly enhanced version than the basic, over-$15 version)
  • edited July 2008
    Sam & Max Hit the Road is $2.50 now - now THAT is a good deal! I bought mine for $9 btw
    You could either buy a can of coke or a full PC game, which would you choose?

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/486f024804c8c86c2741c0a87f9c06d0/Product/View/YG9906
  • edited July 2008
    Bugger, you must have just missed the sale, StonkBad... it was definitely $5 when I posted the link (that doesn't work properly).... but yup, looks like they've upped it to $25.

Might see if I can grab Hit the Road for $2.50. I lent my copy (HtR & DotT on the one CD) to a friend who I haven't seen in months.... so I'm probably not likely to get it back any time soon.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.