License issues with Windows reinstall?

edited August 2008 in Game Support
I'm reinstalling Windows Vista and I was wondering if I had to do something to make sure I'll still have a license to reinstall my Sam and Max games. Will a simple uninstall revoke my license? I just had to go get the license revoke tool for Bioshock and now I'm a bit paranoid about my licenses for my other games. :\

P.S.: F-You, overprotective-DRM. (I'm looking at you, Bioshock) >_>

Comments

• edited June 2008
    If a reinstall wipes the Registry, then you should worry about licensces. If not, then there's nothing to worry about.
  • edited June 2008
    Well, a reinstall wipes everything. That's pretty much the point. >_>
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    You shouldn't worry about it. You might want to back up your save games, if they are important to you. Your game should re-activate fine on a new install. There are a finite number of times you can re-activate the game on fresh installs before it starts complaining, but the number is pretty generous.

If you are running into issues, you can always write to support@telltalegames.com and we'll help you out as soon as we can (usually very quickly :))
  • edited June 2008
    Cool. Thanks. :)
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    There are a finite number of times you can re-activate the game on fresh installs before it starts complaining, but the number is pretty generous.
    The thought of this limitation has been bugging me a little and I came up with an idea -

How about having your number of activations go back to normal every year or so? If the number is 20 (I think I read that somewhere), it could automatically go back to that once a year? Or maybe just add 5 each year or so? This should be possible and would prevent people from ever completely running out of activations forever.
  • edited August 2008
    That actually isn't possible since the way those work is a little out of our control. While we can add more if you run out there isn't a way for us to set up a recurring boost to the number you have.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    It would be interesting to play with that idea though, should we ever make our own activation system. as Scott said thoug, we do all our activation through SecuRom. Maybe one day...
This discussion has been closed.