season 2 box set

edited July 2008 in Sam & Max
this is my first time here on the forms so here I go. I was just wondering if there will be a season 2 box set like what telltale games did for season 1. If so could someone tell me when that comes out. I am in a position where I cant download anything from the web.

Comments

• edited June 2008
    from what i remember, telltale is currently working the disc version of season and it should be completed soon. after that there probably will also be a retail version like with season one.
    telltale hasn't given any fixed dates on the releases yet, if i am not mistaken.
  • edited June 2008
    ...and there it is in the top right corner of this picture!
    surfinhardcover3.jpg
  • edited June 2008
    We are hoping it is. Cos then it will mean soon!
  • edited June 2008
    thanks for the info, does anyone at least have a guess at he release date?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    We'll let you know when there's a release date. :)
  • edited June 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    We'll let you know when there's a release date. :)

Just a quick response to your answer.

Will Season 2 be released in Sweden soon also? :o
  • edited June 2008
    When will the bonus disc of season two be released???
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Season Two bonus disc? Why, we're working on it right now...

Should have a better idea of when it'll be done once everything has been delivered to the disc replicating people. Which hasn't happened yet. :p

(This is the game / video DVD we release from our site. There will probably be some retail releases cropping up in various parts of the world at some point in the future, too, but we don't have any info to announce about that just yet.)
  • edited June 2008
    Will it be ready in time for Comic-Con?
  • edited June 2008
    Hopefully!
  • edited July 2008
    After playing season 1 and a couple of the Season 2 demos, I really can't wait......
  • edited July 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    surfinhardcover3.jpg
    I see a couple of pamphlets (with colourful colours), a notebook, a pencil and some hardware that looks like it might be a telephone and possibly the volume control from a set of head phones or walkman or something.
    Emily wrote: »
    Season Two bonus disc? Why, we're working on it right now...

Should have a better idea of when it'll be done once everything has been delivered to the disc replicating people. Which hasn't happened yet. :p

(This is the game / video DVD we release from our site. There will probably be some retail releases cropping up in various parts of the world at some point in the future, too, but we don't have any info to announce about that just yet.)
    But is this the near future? I think I've pretty much reached the point where I'm going to give up the wait for a hard copy of the game to hit the shelves but I would like to give it a little while longer. (I prefer buying a disk for a number of reasons; the feeling of buying a physical substance, the security of having the disk to load on my computer is something goes wrong, the touch of pride that comes with knowing I chose to support a my local independent retailer, rather than Amazon or GameStation or some other faceless wholesale operation).

But, what with the new Wii release of Same & Max, I'm filled with confidence that a hard version will appear in my local game shop in some form or other, so when I get payed I think I will download season 2 and buy The Wii version when it comes out in the UK.
  • edited July 2008
    Note that nothing yet has been announced or confirmed about a commercial release of Season 2 that you can find in your local game shop.

The DVD being discussed above will be available from Telltale's website - if you buy all of Season 2, it comes as a free bonus (plus shipping), hence the name "Bonus Disc".

Some of us decided to buy Season 2 first, download the episodes as they were released and play them... and then we'll get the DVD when it's ready, because as you say, it's nice to have a physical thing, plus Telltale love us and they fill the DVD with lots of extra features, commentary, and a nice painted cover by Steve Purcell.
  • edited July 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    surfinhardcover3.jpg
    I don't think that's a disc. It looks more like a book to me.
    ... Which just opens up even more fascinating possibilities.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Spoiler: It's definitely an older version of the Season 2 DVD cover.

Add'l spoiler: The disc is being replicated right now. We'll have details for you guys reasonably soon.
  • edited July 2008
    Thanks Jake, I can't wait for the pc retail edition to come out, It's unfortunate that it sounds so far away though.

Oh and btw,(this has probably been asked before, sry) will the retail version include everything the dvd has?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    We have no news about retail releases at this point. If you want a disc you should get Telltale's version, at least for the time being.

Should be in the store for preorder in a couple of weeks - woo!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.