Sam & max 201 won't start (license date could not be written error)

edited June 2008 in Game Support
After installing the game I got for free some time ago I now get an error when I try to start the game. The error is in Dutch so the translation could be a bit off, but it says: license date could not be written, contact customer support for more details.
I didn't even enter the serial I got so I wonder what the problem is.
I did reinstall the game to another hard drive after I noticed my drive where I first installed it only had 60mb left over. It might have something to do with that.

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, hard drive space could definitely have something to do with it. Where did you get the episode from? Different versions of the game have different security wrappers.
  • edited June 2008
    I got the game from the my telltale site after i did a survey.

Thank you for participating in Telltale's customer survey. As a sign of our undying gratitude, here is a gift code that you can use to get a FREE downloadable copy of Ice Station Santa.
    Order #6000066677... | Placed April 1, 2008

I did free up space by reinstalling. I have about 23gb free on the drive I installed it on now and 1 Gb free on my windows drive.
  • edited June 2008
    hmm strangely enough it works after rebooting my pc. I should do that more often :p
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Hah, it is always the simple solution I never think to try.
This discussion has been closed.