About the "Commisioner"

edited June 2008 in Sam & Max
Hi everybody, this is my first post in the forum, and after having finished both Season 1 and 2 and ordered a bonus disc, I would like to share an idea of mine.
I would of course like to know what people think about this subject, but I think the commissioner is
Bosco
.I don't know if somebody has found out, so there is a possibility that I'll be humiliated :p.
Have a nice day!

Comments

• edited June 2008
    Hey, welcome to the forums!
    For all we know, you could be right. The Commissioner is - as I'm sure you're aware - and unseen character, and so none of us know what he looks like.
    However, I think at some points The Commissioner actually rings Sam & Max while Bosco is unable too (
    i.e. he is on a spaceship
    ), but I may be wrong.
  • edited June 2008
    I always thought it was sybil, and welcome to the death trap also known as the forums!:)
  • edited June 2008
    Hey, welcome to the forums!
    For all we know, you could be right. The Commissioner is - as I'm sure you're aware - and unseen character, and so none of us know what he looks like.
    However, I think at some points The Commissioner actually rings Sam & Max while Bosco is unable too (
    i.e. he is on a spaceship
    ), but I may be wrong.

I remember that the commisioner didn't give us a call in Season 2, I think you couldn't remember it clearly ;)
  • edited June 2008
    korhan91 wrote: »
    I remember that the commisioner didn't give us a call in Season 2, I think you couldn't remember it clearly ;)

He does at the start of episode 3 (Night of the raving dead) ;)
  • edited June 2008
    Badwolf wrote: »
    He does at the start of episode 3 (Night of the raving dead) ;)

I have another theory that will drive everyone crazy :p :
    In 202 he said that he was going to relocate but he wasn't in the spaceship and maybe hid himself into toilet and said to the "aliens" "Bring'em on!" at a time between the episodes 203-204 ;).
  • edited June 2008
    Here's an even crazier thing to consider when timing these things. At the end of episode 205 we see
    a portal delivering lava from the eruption at the end of 202
    . That means
    that portal is a portal through time as well as space. But then the portal leading to Easter Island may be, too. For all we know, Sam & Max' escapade on the island may actually be in the future! Present Bosco may still be hiding in his bunker until the day he becomes the Bosco abducted by the spaceship (which then moved backwards through time to pick up Sam & Max in 204). The bunker may be equipped with a commissioner-impersonation phone.
  • edited June 2008
    Harald B wrote: »
    Here's an even crazier thing to consider when timing these things. At the end of episode 205 we see
    . That means
    that portal is a portal through time as well as space. But then the portal leading to Easter Island may be, too. For all we know, Sam & Max' escapade on the island may actually be in the future! Present Bosco may still be hiding in his bunker until the day he becomes the Bosco abducted by the spaceship (which then moved backwards through time to pick up Sam & Max in 204). The bunker may be equipped with a commissioner-impersonation phone.

All of those you say may be right, and there is one last thing about Episode 205. At the end of it, the commisioner calls one of the phones in the hell office and Max answers it. And this happened after Bosco get rid of his personal hell. :rolleyes:
  • JaiJai
    edited June 2008
    Harald B wrote: »
    . That means

I doubt that the original Bermuda triangle portal took Sam & Max into a different time, though, because that doesn't quite cover the "scare Bosco over the radio" event that takes place on (Or under) Easter Island.
  • edited June 2008
    Jai wrote: »
    I doubt that the original Bermuda triangle portal took Sam & Max into a different time, though, because that doesn't quite cover the "scare Bosco over the radio" event that takes place on (Or under) Easter Island.
    I'd like to propose that it is the
    death pit portal thing of the !*$@ Poppers' that travels through time.
    Alternately, consider this:
    The triangle that sucked up the lava (at least, as I remember it, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) was a different triangle, yes? Well, maybe that travels through time.
    Or, maybe
    the lava from 202 wasn't actually the lava that killed the Poppers and it was all a coincidence.
    I don't think it was explicitly stated anywhere, so why can't it be different?
  • edited June 2008
    Is the whole Commissioner thing a reference to Batman?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.