TWD S2 .exe Crash

edited December 2013 in Game Support

Every time I start to play, save loaded etc, After the first couple of seconds, after the first line of dialogue, the game freezes and crashes. I have tried turning down the graphics to the minimum, restarting and reinstalling.
Is there any kind of fix for this?
If it helps, I'm on steam and I've completed S1 and 400 days.

Comments

• I'm having the exact same problem. Save loaded, played the recap of Season 1 with no problems, then the game starts with Clementine in the woods and as soon as someone speaks the game crashes. I've also completed S1 and 400 Days. I've also turned graphics to minimum, restarted, and reinstalled. A fix for this would be more than welcome.

• Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. I really hope there's a fix soon, don't want to get spoiled before I can actually play the thing.

rucazh posted: »

I'm having the exact same problem. Save loaded, played the recap of Season 1 with no problems, then the game starts with Clementine in the woo

• and me

fukubei posted: »

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. I really hope there's a fix soon, don't want to get spoiled before I can actually play the thing.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please post your dxdiag info.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.
    Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "dxdiag" and hit enter

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it, and upload it to an instant filehoster and post the download link.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Can you please give me a DxDiag and I will attempt to assist you further.

For PC: Please send us your DXDiag if you’re using PC. (To send a DXDiag, click the Start menu, click Run, and then type in DXDiag and press enter. After it loads, click Save All Information and save the file where you’ll be able to easily find it. Please copy and paste the System Information, DxDiag Notes, and Display Devices categories into this thread so I can try to help you further

For Mac: Select the Apple logo on the top toolbar of you desktop, then select 'About this Mac', and then 'More info...'. Now Select 'File' on the top toolbar of your desktop, then find 'Save As'. Choose a filename to easily find the document after saving, and most importantly change the file format to an easy to read document type (RTF is recommended). After you save the file, find and open it. Now press Cmd+A to select all text, and Cmd+C to copy and Cmd+V to paste the contents of this file into a reply to this thread so i can try to help you further.

• i found a fix turn your setting to high and that will work

• dxdiag here - http://puu.sh/5PWVc.txt
    I get the feeling it's probably to do with the graphics card, which is a shame, as Season 1 worked fine with intel integrated and I don't see how removing that support could do anything but frustrate a lot of people who are stuck with it.

Can you please give me a DxDiag and I will attempt to assist you further. For PC: Please send us your DXDiag if you’re using PC. (To send a

• Surprisingly, this actually works. Maybe it helps to think counter-intuitively sometimes. Thanks man. It runs incredibly slowly, but at least it's playable and doesn't crash.

dapa5678 posted: »

i found a fix turn your setting to high and that will work

What settings were you on when you were crashing? Were they all set to low? Any information you can provide can aid us in solving the issue.

fukubei posted: »

Surprisingly, this actually works. Maybe it helps to think counter-intuitively sometimes. Thanks man. It runs incredibly slowly, but at least it's playable and doesn't crash.

• textures on low, antialiasing off, tried at both 1280x710 and 800x600.
    It now works with textures on high, antialiasing on, at 1980x1080 and 1600x900.

What settings were you on when you were crashing? Were they all set to low? Any information you can provide can aid us in solving the issue.

• I got the same problem...:(

Where can i find this FIX?? Or how do I FIX this Crashing problem?? PLZ..heeeeelp...

• same problem. I have it on low res and low textures.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I have updated the support tool for season 2. Those who still have this issue, please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• Hi, I have the same problem here. I have both games on steam TWD S1 and S2.
    After installation of TWD S2, TWD S1 no longer opens, and S2 Crash in Start.
    My file diagnostics are here: http://guilhermemarconi.com/TWD_support_data_pc.zip

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2013

Assinatura do problema:
    P1: TheWalkingDead2.exe
    P2: 2013.12.16.27013
    P3: 52af9832
    P4: DINPUT8.dll

On Windows 8 the game crashes if joysticks/gamepads are connected. That bug is fixed in Windows 8.1, available for free in the Windows 8 Store.
    If you don't want to upgrade yet, you can try an unofficial workaround. In short, by downloading and extracting this zip file, and copying the dinput8.dll next to the games .exe, you should be able to use the controller normally. Make sure you delete that dinput8.dll after updating to Windows 8.1, to avoid possible problems in the future.

I hope this also fixes the season 1 issue. I don't see the installation of it in the support tool, so I don't know what's going on with it. If it's still not working, please reinstall season 1.

guimarconi posted: »

Hi, I have the same problem here. I have both games on steam TWD S1 and S2. After installation of TWD S2, TWD S1 no longer opens, and S2 Crash in Start. My file diagnostics are here: http://guilhermemarconi.com/TWD_support_data_pc.zip

• Did you guys try dapa's suggestion and turn your graphics setting to high? It worked for me whenever I tried to start up S2 and it just crashed at the intro. This is assuming the setting is on low if it's crashing of course.

I initially had graphics settings on low, resolution on 800x600, and anti-aliasing off. All I changed was the graphics settings (I switched it to high), I didn't touch anything else. The game worked fine after that. I have no clue why but it did.

• http://www.sendspace.com/file/7sy35i That is my DxDiag file. Every time i start the walking dead season 2 it will act like it works and crash after 2 or 3 seconds.

Can you please give me a DxDiag and I will attempt to assist you further. For PC: Please send us your DXDiag if you’re using PC. (To send a

• If you have a Xbox 360 controller or any gamepad connected it could be that, my problem was the controller and so every time I started it up it crashed but now it works since someone else here on the forums had a dinput8.dll file and it worked perfectly :)

(Also all my telltale games stopped working before i had this file) I won't share it but just letting you know.

Please unplug all USB devices other than your mouse and keyboard when starting the game and that may fix the issue. If the problem persists, please feel free to contact our support staff at Support@Telltalegames.com

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7sy35i That is my DxDiag file. Every time i start the walking dead season 2 it will act like it works and crash after 2 or 3 seconds.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2013

Since you only have USB sound currently, you need to make sure your onboard sound is enabled and the proper sound drivers are installed when you try Mike's suggestion.

If it still crashes I can take a closer look.

Please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7sy35i That is my DxDiag file. Every time i start the walking dead season 2 it will act like it works and crash after 2 or 3 seconds.

• http://www.sendspace.com/file/a2ob3b
    Im getting the error right after the first line of dialogue
    I already ran the TWD support tool the link is above and it still does not work
    Please help

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Problem signature:
    P1: TheWalkingDead2.exe
    P2: 2013.12.16.27013
    P4: igdumd32.dll
    P5: 8.15.10.2302
    P7: c0000005
    P8: 00006ac5

Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

The crash is caused by your integrated graphics chip, which doesn't meet the minimum requirements.
    Intel graphics chips are not recommended and they don't work well with TTG's games.

Some people have gotten it to work by setting all in-game grapics settings from low to high.

PK2x4 posted: »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a2ob3b Im getting the error right after the first line of dialogue I already ran the TWD support tool the link is above and it still does not work Please help

• Thats a weird solution but thanks

DjNDB posted: »

Problem signature: P1: TheWalkingDead2.exe P2: 2013.12.16.27013 P4: igdumd32.dll P5: 8.15.10.2302 P7: c0000005 P8: 00006ac5

This discussion has been closed.