The Walking Dead Season 2 Resolution Problem

edited December 2013 in Game Support

I loaded up the game and it worked fine but then I accidentally changed the game to the wrong resolution so now when I try and run it the screen goes black and it says "invalid format."

How can I fix this? I tried to go into Steam apps \ common \ TWD2 but I don't see any config file that I can change the resolution with.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Oh and I've tried deleting it and reinstalling, and deleting all local content but when I reinstalled it it was still the same.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

You can attempt to hit Alt+Enter when the game is loading to enter Windowed Mode. If this does not fix your issue, you can delete your prefs.prop file in /Documents/Telltale Games/ The Walking Dead - Season Two/ and find your prefs.prop file and delete it. This way all of your preferences are deleted and the next time you restart the game, it will be the way it was when you first started it up. I hope this helps, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

• Thank you so much Mike. You are a saint.

You can attempt to hit Alt+Enter when the game is loading to enter Windowed Mode. If this does not fix your issue, you can delete your prefs.p

• edited December 2013

Try to go to C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Telltale Games and delete the folder "The Walking Dead Season Two", but be careful not to delete your Season One folder! Hope that helps.

• edited December 2013

was booting right to blue screen not bsod. was a res problem also. anyone having problems just starting game without actual errors should try this alt+enter to go into windowed mode and you can fix it. so start game.. wait for black or in my case 73"hdtv blue screen then hit alt+enter to get into windowed mode. and btw thank you. totally forgot about this until i came across this thread. the community devs and mems are fast one these forums awesome ty again. one problem i have... I need more!!! lol. please make a new one every month and i will buy them i promise.
    aka splatterface.

This discussion has been closed.